Sometimes when I receive a call from my users to solve their problems it is very difficult for me to found their computer IP address. Even finding their computer Host to provide remote support can be a problem. So I resorted to Google and I found a great little utility.
It is very useful for domain environment. BG Info is a small utility which displays Computer HOST or User logins, Computer IP, USER NAME and other information on the desktop of user’s machines and for my requirements, to find out the user's IP & HOST for remote support.
In this article I describe step by step configuration to use BG Info using group policy in domain environment.
1. Download BG Info it’s free utility
2. Now Open it’s Exe (Application) File
3. In the Text Menu add the thing which you want to add on user desktop
- in my case I add HOST,IP,USER NAME
4. Then Save it’s configuration file which is like this bginfo.bgi
5. Share Both utility and its configuration file in a folder
- in my case I shared it on \\khi-fileserver\bginfo
6. Share this folder and provide READ access on NTFS permission and
Share permission because it is very important for every domain access this
and display on Desktop
7. Now open Note pad and create a batch file and write following script
8. \\khi-fileserver\bginfo\Bginfo.exe \\khi-fileserver\bginfo\bginfo.bgi /timer:0 /nolicprompt
9. Save as bginfo.cmd
10. Now open group policy management policy console
11. Create new GPO and go to edit
12. On GPO Editor computer configuration and windows configuration
13. On computer configuration go to Scripts same as for user configuration
14. Add that script which you created on step 8
15. Link GPO to particular OU
16. And run gupdate /force to apply group policy
BG info is very power utility in to create hardware inventory database on shared file. Just
create a text file and placed at Step8 when you click on database then browse to that location where you created that text file.
BG info uses WMI query to found all hardware inventory in domain environment , also all these WMI queries are customizable and you can add many items as you want.
Disaster Recovery as a Service is one go-to solution that revolutionizes DR planning. Implementing DRaaS could be an efficient process, easily accessible to non-DR experts. Learn about monitoring, testing, executing failovers and failbacks to ensure a "healthy" DR environment.
This tutorial will teach you the special effect of super speed similar to the fictional character Wally West aka "The Flash"
After Shake : http://www.videocopilot.net/presets/after_shake/
All lightning effects with instructions : http://www.mediaf…
In this video you will find out how to export Office 365 mailboxes using the built in eDiscovery tool. Bear in mind that although this method might be useful in some cases, using PST files as Office 365 backup is troublesome in a long run (more on t…