Browse All Articles
> SCOM 2012 Event ID 26319 & 33333 Bug
A while back when OPSMGR 2012 was released we were very excited about getting it into our environment and upgrading our 2007 implementation, we started our planning and we then proceeded with our implementation.
All went as planned & our system was running perfectly until about 3 months into the deployment we started seeing a lot of event id's 26319 and 33333
being logged on our management servers every 5 to 10 minutes which was of great concern to us.
Event ID 26319 showing the initial error
The 2 events are always seen together
We then started looking at any custom management packs imported to check that they were all best practice and no funnies. We did not manage to find any problem and all our new custom MP's were running as expected.
We also thought that the SP1 upgrade would sort out our issue but to no avail.
After some time and getting nowhere we logged a request with Microsoft and we started a long journey of trying to get to the root of the problem.
Well to cut a long story short we managed to find out what the problem was and it turned out to be a bug with the way the query works when doing a group search or any other task that uses would invoke a query against the relevant MTV tables.
So they have already tested the fix which will be released in OPSMGR 2012 SP1 UR2 & this will be changed as follows.
The query will be changed so that it is built multipart rather than trying to UNION SELECT across all the relevant MTV tables.
The UR2 with this fix should be released in the next month or sooner.
I hope this has help some of you also seeing these types of errors.