Browse All Articles
> Top 3 Add-Ons for Google Forms
Google Forms is a great platform to easily create polls, questionnaires and surveys. The service allows you to receive data in real-time and is a simple way to conduct large-scale surveys that can be distributed to multiple people.
The platform to begin with is quite easy to use. Add-ons can help enhance your experience with the tool and make sign-ups, surveys and questionnaires more efficient and convenient to use. In this article I will suggest 3 of the most helpful add-ons that I have experienced that you can also use with Google Forms.
add-on allows the creator of the form to set an expiration date for the form depending on a date, depending on how many responses were received, or when a spreadsheet equals a certain value. This will automatically close your form once you set your limit. Follow these steps to set up this add-on.
- Go to the add-on store and install the formLimiter.
- Go to your desired form and select Add-ons > formLimiter from the toolbar on top.
- From the panel that appears on the right, select how you want to close your form.
- If you choose date and time you can pick what date and/or time your form will close and stop receiving submission.
- If you choose max number of responses you can indicate after how many responses your form will close.
- If you choose destination spreadsheet cell value you can pick a cell from the response spreadsheet and close the form once that cell reaches a certain value.
- For all these limitations you can also customize a message that a user will receive if the form has been closed.
For lengthy forms, use Form Values
to automatically fill in the answers that users can put for multiple-choice questions. Essentially, this will help save time so that you don’t have to fill everything in; the add-on will automatically enter in your choices for a certain question from a value list that you provide. Follow these steps to set up this add-on.
- 1. Go to the add-on store and install the Form Values add-on.
- Go to your desired form and select Add-ons > Form Values from the toolbar on top.
- From the panel that appears on the right, select Create / Edit Value Lists.
- This spreadsheet will serve as a bank from where the add-on will pull values from to enter in your form. For example, one set of my values is labeled Letters while another is labeled Numbers. I have then entered in the values where indicated.
- Once that is done, choose which question you would like the choices to be automatically filled in.
- Then, choose the value list.
- Your question on your form will then be filled in automatically as seen below with the set of values from the spreadsheet.
Use the Form Notifications
add-on to automatically email a respondent for reasons such as thanking them for completing the survey or letting them know what steps they should take next. Follow these steps to set up this add-on.
- Download the add-on for free through the Add-on Store by clicking here.
- Select Add-ons on the toolbar on top of your survey that you are making to activate the add-on.
- Under Form Notifications, choose Configure notifications.
- The form you are creating will now look like this with a panel on the right.
- Select Notify me if you want to receive emails when people submit information to your survey. Select Notify respondents if you want to let the user receive an email after they have completed the form.
- You can now personalize the reply the user will get under Notify respondents. You could thank them for completing the survey or send them links for more information.
- Click Save once you have finished filling out the panel.
Hopefully these add-ons help you improve your experience with Google Forms and can make the process of creating and implementing these surveys even simpler.