1) While uninstalling Exchange server, an error was shown in Exchange setup logs.
1] Checking whether the public folder database "Server Name\Storage Group Name\Public Folder Database" has local replicas.
1] [ERROR] Unexpected Error
[ERROR] The public folder database "Server Name\Storage Group Name\Public Folder Database" contains folder replicas. Before deleting the public folder database, remove the folders or move the replicas to another public folder database. For detailed instructions about how to remove a public folder database,
1] Ending processing.
1] [ERROR] Uninstall cannot continue. Database 'Public Folder Database': The public folder database "Server Name\Storage Group Name\Public Folder Database" contains folder replicas. Before deleting the public folder database, remove the folders or move the replicas to another public folder database. For detailed instructions about how to remove a public folder database, see
2) To completely uninstall Exchange 2007 server - Need to follow link.
3) Refer link
(Cannot remove public folder database)
4) Using Get-PublicFolderStatistics
-identity servername to check local replica (few would always be found if entire PF migration has not taken place).
5) Using script .\RemoveReplicaFromPFRecur
sive.ps1 local replica could be removed
(this should be ideally located under C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts)
6) However, upon running step 4, if there is no progress. In this case local replicas list can be modified using PFDavadmin tool. To use this tool need to remove "require SSL" from Public Folder and ExAdmin virtual directory under IIS console.
7) Downloaded PFDAvAdmin from link
8) Removed Replica manually of all Public folder at one instance in bulk
Open PFDavadmin.exe - click on File - Connect - Connect to the local Exchange server 2007.
a) Right Click on "Public Folder"
b) Select Propogate Replica List
c) click ok for dialogue box
"Since this folder has no replica list, you will now be prompted to choose one or more public stores"
d) Select your E2k7 PF store database (on window "Add Replica").
e) Check box your E2k7 server and check the radio button "Remove" - Click ok.
f) Repeat this step with "System Folder"
9) At this moment all Public folder and system folder replica should be removed.
10) However, at this moment if the replica list hasn't been removed and the error still persists of database consists of replica.
11) Ensure that all public folders have been replicated. This can be verified by checking
a) PF Database size (source and destination)
(source and destination)
c) Checking if System folders (example OAB, Free/Busy function smoothly under ownership of destination servers)
12) Take system state backup using NTBackup tool.
13) Install Windows Support tools.
a) Go to Start - run - type Adsiedit.msc
b) Follow the following destination.
CN=Storage group (which owns PF Database),CN=Information Store,CN=,CN=Servers,CN=Ex
change Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Admin
istrative Groups,CN=,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Co
c) Right click delete PF Database.
(Remember, the above step should be taken when the above database is not going to be used in future - since once this database is removed, only method to restore this is by using system state backup)
14) once deleted the PF Database, Exchange could uninstalled succesfully.