If you are looking for plug-ins to add functions to your WordPress small business web site, take some time to read though this comprehensive list. These are all the plugins I use for my customers WordPress web sites, as well as my own. Be sure to visit my technology blog at ConnectToRemoteSupport.com
to see most of these plugins in action.
AddToAny: Share/Bookmark/Email Button
- Help readers share, bookmark, and email your posts and pages using any social networking service.
Contact Form 7
– Be sure to install this comprehensive contact form plug-in; simple to use and very flexible – a must have.
Really Simple CAPTCHA
- Module that works with Contact Form 7 to generate CAPTCHA text
Google Analytics for WordPress
- This plug-in adds Google Analytics code as well as automatic clickout and download tracking.
Google XML Sitemaps
- This plug-in generates a special XML sitemap which helps search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
– Automatic photo lightbox used to overlay images on any page or post.
- Adds suggested tags, mass edit tags, auto completion, tag cloud widgets, related posts, related tags and a lot more.
Visitor Maps and Who's Online
- Displays visitor maps with location pins for the visitors estimated location. Includes who’s online sidebar to show current and previous user details. Widget available to display visitor stats to your users.
- Adds a vote system to your site which can easily be included in any post or page. WP-Polls is extremely customizable via templates and CSS styles. Extensive user friendly system makes this plug-in the best polling system available for easy poll management.
– Complete FAQ plug-in allows you to create categories and questions for display anywhere in your site.
Another Wordpress Classifieds Plugin
- Though it's got a funny name, this plugin provides the ability to run a free or paid classified ads service on your blog.