Browse All Articles > How to Deploy an Server-side (Full Trust) InfoPath Form into SharePoint 2007
Note: There are two main ways to deploy InfoPath forms: Server-side and directly through the SharePoint site. Deploying a server-side InfoPath form means the form is approved by the Administrator, thus allowing greater functionality in the form. This document explains how to deploy a Server-side InfoPath form. Also, this form is referred to as a "Full-trust" InfoPath form.
1. Copy the InfoPath template locally to one of the SharePoint web servers
2. Logon to the SharePoint web server
3. Open "Central Administration"
4. Select the "Application Management" tab
5. In the "InfoPath Forms Services" section, select "Manage form templates"
6. Select "Upload Form Template"
7. Browse to the appropriate template and select "Upload"
8. Check the "Status" of the installation
a. Next to the template is a "Status" field. Refresh the screen periodically until the status changes. If the status doesn't change after several minutes, you can force the timer job to execute immediately by the doing the following:
i. Open a CMD prompt
ii. Browse to a path in which the STSADM.exe cmd resides
iii. Execute the following: stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
iv. This will kick off all Timer Jobs and hopefully finish the installation of your new InfoPath Template
b. When the Status is "Ready", proceed to the next step
9. Left-click the uploaded form and select "Activate to a Site Collection"
10. Select the appropriate site collection and then select "OK"
Note: If you have an updated version of an existing InfoPath template, follow steps 1-8 above. There is no need to do step 9 since the form is already activated on the appropriate site collection.
OK...now that it is on the server and activated for the appropriate site collection....you need to install it on the SharePoint document library:
1. Open Internet Explorer and browse to the site collection where the InfoPath template is activated
2. Open the appropriate Document Library where the form should be installed
3. Select "Document Library Settings" and then "Advanced Settings"
4. Select "Enable management of Content Types" and then click "OK"
5. In the settings screen, click on "Add from existing Content Type"
6. Select the Form from the list and click on Add
7. Click "OK"
8. Go back to the document library and click on "New" to test the form