Large Outlook files lead to various unwanted errors and corruption issues. Furthermore, large outlook files can also make Outlook take longer to start-up, search, navigate, and shut-down. So, In this article, i will discuss a method to make your Outlook faster and better by compressing pst files
Microsoft Outlook is the most used email client all over the world. It has awesome features and an easy GUI makes it a first choice for the individual as well as organizations. It contains Emails, Tasks, Contacts, Notes, and Appointments, and as well as file attachments. Eventually, as you save and store more and more files within Outlook, your PST file can develop to a quite huge size especially when there are heavy file attachments
So your Outlook data takes up the most space on your computer’s hard drive.
And unfortunately, large outlook files lead to various unwanted errors and corruption issues. Furthermore, a large outlook file can also make Outlook take longer to start-up, search, navigate, and shut-down For reducing the size of Outlook PST file, users have to delete the unwanted items from each folder, but it moves to the Deleted Items folder, which is in the same file. So in order to delete your PST file permanently you must delete the items from the Deleted Items. Attachments with email messages are also one of the main reason for increasing PST file size. It is always annoying when PST file size reaches its threshold limit as those large PST files deteriorate the efficiency of MS Outlook.
In this article, I am going to share an easy and effective method to compress large PST files.
You can compress the PST file using Mailbox Cleanup tool which is already available in MS Outlook.
Procedures to compact a PST file using Mailbox Cleanup tool
- Open your MS Outlook
- Go to the Tools
- Select Mailbox Cleanup, a dialogue box will appear.
- Click on the “View Mailbox Size”.This will give you the idea of the usage of different sections of your mailbox with their size.
- Choose Auto Archive option, to move all your old emails to an archive file in your computer
- Check the size of deleted PST files by clicking on “View Deleted Item Size” and then you can delete them using “Empty” button.
Another method to compact PST files.
- Start Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the tool in the menu bar and click on Account Settings”
- “Account Settings” screen will appear on your system. Choose Data Files option.
- Select your data file which you want to compress
- Just Double Click on the selected and click on the Settings
- Then go to the “Compact Now” button to compress your MS Outlook PST file.
In order to make Microsoft Outlook run faster, constant tweaking and optimization are required. Unfortunately, in the Outlook case, you cannot reinstall as the reinstalling bring lots of headaches and your critical data may get lost during the process.
So In order to make it better and faster, you can manage your Outlook files by compressing or splitting large PST files etc.
By above steps, one can easily compress their PST files and make their Outlook faster