This article describes how to reset your Windows 10 password when you've forgotten it.
1. Insert the installation CD\DVD into your PC and Reboot your PC from the device.
2. After your PC Boots, click "Next".
3. On the Install screen, click "Repair your computer".
4. Choose advanced option and then choose "Command prompt".
5. Now you can recover your Windows 10 password by with entering the following commands:
A. Type: copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\f B. Type: copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exeC. Exit installation CD, and reboot your PC.
B. When the Windows 10 login screen appears, press Shift 5 times. The Command Prompt window will appear.
C. Type net user [name] [password] and you should be able to login with the new user and password.
D. Optionally you can activate the hidden administrator account like this
net user administrator mypassword
net user administrator /active:yes
reboot the computer
6. Reboot the computer and you should be able to access the machine via the local admin account. You will not be to login to the original user account unless you used other means not discussed here, but you should be able to copy the files that you need to the new user account.
Note that the user account created through CMD.exe will NOT have admin privilege so from the admin account you activated earlier login and grant admin through the account users if so desired. You can disable the administrator account once you're finished like this net user administrator /active:no