You can always view the internals of your KS file by issuing this command:
keytool -list -v -keystore XXXX.ks
If you make a mistake check your .KS files timestamp/size and make sure you did not corrupt anything. if the timestamp/size was altered and
you got an error; then it's more than likely corrupted.
If so, simply copy your backup from the master folder and start again.
One comment about the command keytool -import.
I have seen some documents
show the -alias come before the -trustcerts. I have seen
some examples with -trustcerts before the -alias. I do know that the
one above works.
Another comment about the contents of the EMAIL. Copy/paste to
another file didn't work. Drove me crazy. Saving the contents directly
to disk and removing all lines around the BEGIN/END worked.
Congratulations, you're done with the certificate.
Get the certificate into your JAD file.
1. Open up your NetBeans project
2. Highlight your project and look for properties
3. Select the Signing node
4. Check the box "Sign Distribution"
5. Click button "Open Keystore Manager"
6. Press button "Add Keystore..."
7. Select radio button "Add existing keystore"
8. Locate your XXXX.ks file with the browse button
9. Click Unlock to show the alias you entered in step 1.
10. Close the dialog window
11. Use the dropdown to select your XXXX.ks file
12. And select your alias.
Note that you will be asked your password that you set up in the previous
15. Check your JAD file, looks something like this: