Browse All Articles
> Installing Forefront Security on an Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster
The following describes the process for installing Forefront Security on Exchange 2007 CCR (continuous cluster replication) cluster nodes.
Notes (from Microsoft, see references)
To perform the following installation, the user must have domain admin permissions.
- You must install Forefront Security on the active node before you install Forefront Security on the passive node. This is true for the first installation of a CCR cluster node. However, if a node fails and a new installation will be performed, you should perform the installation on the passive node so that the passive node replicates the known-good data from the active node. If you perform the installation on the active node, the known-good data will be overwritten.
- Do not fail over a CCR cluster node that has Forefront Security installed to another node that does not have Forefront Security installed.
- Use the Cluster Administrator to check that the Exchange Cluster Resources are online on the active node before you install Forefront Security. If the Exchange Cluster Resources are not online before you install Forefront Security, the node will be detected as passive.
-When you install Forefront Security on a CCR cluster, the installation path must be the same for both nodes.
To install Forefront Security for Exchange on the active node of a new CCR cluster system
1. Run the Setup.exe file
2. The initial setup screen is Welcome. Click Next to continue.
3. Read the license at the License Agreement screen and click Yes to accept it.
4. On the Customer Information screen, enter User Name and Company Name, if needed.
5. On the Installation Location screen, select Local Installation.
6. On the Installation Type screen, select Full Installation.
7. On the Quarantine Security Settings screen, select Secure Mode.
8. On the Engines screen, approve or change the antivirus engine selection. The Microsoft Antimalware Engine and four other randomly-selected engines are chosen. You can modify the engine selection, choosing a maximum of five engines, including the Microsoft Antimalware Engine.
9. On the Engine Updates Required screen, read the warning about engine updates.
10. On the Proxy Server screen configure proxy settings if needed, click Next.
11. On the Choose Destination Location screen, click Browse and select your Exchange install path. Forefront Security for Exchange must be installed in the same corresponding directory on the active and passive nodes.
12. On the Select Program Folder click Next.
13. On the Start Copying Files screen, click Next to begin the installation.
14. On the Recycle CMS screen, click Next to have Setup stop and restart the Clustered Mailbox Server or Cancel to skip the step for now.
Note: The Clustered Mailbox Server must be restarted before Forefront Security Exchange is used for the first time.
15. On the Clustered Mailbox Servers Offline screen, wait for the clustered servers to be taken offline before clicking Next.
16. On the Bringing Clustered Mailbox Servers Online screen, wait for the clustered servers to be brought back online before clicking Next.
18. On the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
19. Repeat the same steps to install Forefront Security for Exchange on the passive node. The Cluster Mailbox Server should still be running on the active node at this point; do not failover to the passive node.