If you haven't already ordered your new DV server from Media Temple, click here to do that now.
When ordering your new server, there are a couple things to keep in mind:
Now that you have your new DV server with the Plesk platform, use the following guide to successfully test or preview your site.
Plesk comes with a built in preview features that you may use to see your site before the domain is pointed through DNS. There are three types of previews: Limited Preview, Quick Preview on a Plesk domain, and Quick Preview on an external domain. By default, Limited Preview is already active on all of our DV servers. If you are not seeing all of your content load using this method, you may also change your preview settings to use one of Plesk's Quick Preview options.
To use Plesk's default Limited Preview feature, use the following steps:
To switch between Limited Preview and Quick Preview, use the following steps:
You can use your IP address to preview your site, but you must first designate a primary domain for that IP address in Plesk. You can change the primary domain as often as you want, so you can use the same IP to preview different sites.
To define which IP address a domain is assigned to, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the Plesk Control Panel for your domain.
2. Click on Tools & Settings.
3. From the Tools & Resources menu, select IP Addresses.
4. Your IP address(es) will be listed. Click on the specific IP address you are working with to continue.
5. From the Default site menu, select the domain you'd like to assign to this IP address.
6. Click the OK or Apply button to save your changes.
For additional tips, visit Media Temple's Support Community.
Have a question about something in this article? You can receive help directly from the article author. Sign up for a free trial to get started.