This article focus on providing a simple and reliable solution to the user’s most common problem that is how to import NSF file into Outlook PST via an easy and efficient solution. Some steps are given below using which user can import NSF to PST.
Steps to Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook
The conversion process is divided into two steps that are:
- Export Lotus Notes NSF Files
- Import to MS Outlook
Step 1: Export NSF Files in Lotus Notes
- First, open the IBM Notes application and then click on the Open button to upload the NSF file that you want to export to PST
- Now, click on the File option in the menu bar and then select Export from the list of options
- Export wizard will be opened, select a folder on the hard drive to save the new file.
- Now, select Comma Separated Value (CSV) or Structured Text from the Save as Type: drop-down list
- After this, name the file with the appropriate name and then click on the Export button
Multiple windows will appear on the system’s screen according to the selection of file format. It includes Structured Text and Comma Separated Values. Now, based on your selection of the file format to save the exported data. Two windows will appear either you will get a CSV Export window or a Structured Text Export window.
- Once the window appears, select the options very carefully and then after the proper selection click on the OK button.
After performing all the above-stated steps the first section to import NSF to PST is completed successfully.
Step 2: Import Exported Data to Microsoft Outlook
- Open the MS Outlook application and then click on the File menu
- Now, select Open and then select Import option from the right pane
- You will see that now, Import and Export Wizard is opened
- After this, select Import from another program or file from the list of the options displayed under Choose an action to perform
- Now, click on Next
- Import a File window will appear, select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then click on Next
- Now, click on the Browse button and select the file exported from Lotus Notes in the previous section
There are three different option provided by the wizard to import and ignore importing duplicate items. The options include:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicate items
* Select an option according to your requirement and click on the Next button
* Now, select a destination folder where you want to store your data after the import process
* Click on Next
* The process may take several minutes to complete. At last, click on the Finish button on the completion of import task
After the whole process execution now, you are able to access NSF data into Microsoft Outlook application.
If you are not able to perform the import process via manual technique then you can go for a third-party tool provided by SysTools that is MailPro+ Software.
This Email Extractor Software can help you to import NSF file to PST in a secure and hassle-free way. Some of the attractive features of this application are:
- Allows users to create collections for improving the case management
- Provide an option to easily find and locate NSF files
- Users can filter emails by using deep searching technique provided by the utility
- Provide an option to exclude duplicate emails
- Maintains the folder hierarchy of folders and subfolders
Outlook only supports the PST files format, not NSF. If a user wants to open NSF data into Outlook then he/she has to import NSF to PST file format via using a simple and reliable approach.