Cannot Import messages "The import messages from a directory" is light grey!! Are you getting this error while importing emails in Mozilla Thunderbird account? Get the solution to troubleshoot "Import All Messages from a Directory Greyed Out" Mozilla error.
Cannot Import messages: "The Import Messages from a Directory" is Light Grey
"Yesterday when I was trying to import an MBOX file in my Thunderbird account, I found Thunderbird import all messages from a directory greyed out. First, I thought it may be some internet associated issue hence, I tried the same thing again. However, I got the same issue once again. As I am not from so technical background thus, I do not know that what this Thunderbird import MBOX file greyed out error is. Please, someone, recommend me any particular method that can resolve this issue easily. Thank you in advance."
Are you facing the same issue in your Thunderbird, while importing any MBOX file and want to fix it? If yes, then you have landed on right solution page. In this editorial, we will introduce you to some easy and cost-effective workarounds. However, to resolve Thunderbird cannot import MBOX issue, it is important to know about it. Thus, let us get started with a quick introduction of "Thunderbird import MBOX file greyed out" error and then check the solution to troubleshoot this Cannot Import messages: "The Import Messages from a Directory" is Light Grey error.
What is Import MBOX file Greyed Out Issue?
Mozilla Thunderbird is a widely used email client developed by Mozilla Corporation. It stores emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and all other data items in MBOX file format. As Thunderbird is an eminent email application, however, it also comprises bugs and other issues that interrupt its easy workflow and communication system. Import all messages from a directory greyed out is one such issue, due to which it becomes impossible to import MBOX folder. This error of greyed out messages restricts the access to certain conversations. All possible reasons for Thunderbird import MBOX file greyed out issue are following:
- If EML files are not available in the selected directory
- MBOX file is corrupted or damaged due to which Thunderbird fails to detect it and disable the import option
- Presence of bugs in Thunderbird or application is not updated that makes it difficult to respond on primary features
- Users can easily resolve the file greyed out issue with the help of manual and automatic methods that are mentioned in further part of this article.
Fix ‘Import All Messages from a Directory Greyed Out’ Issue Manually
The import all messages from a directory option is light grey because EML files are not available in the folder that you have selected. Thus, you can either convert EML files to MBOX file format or, can directly import MBOX files into Thunderbird via following down-mentioned guidelines:
- Launch Thunderbird application and select Inbox tab
- Next, highlight the Tools option and select ImportExport Tools
- Now, choose Import MBOX file option and Files Import MBOX wizard will be opened now
- Here, you will get different options to import your file, select Import directly one or more MBOX files
- After that, select MBOX files that you want to import in Thunderbird and hit the OK button
Automatic Way to Resolve ‘Import All Messages from a Directory Greyed Out’ Issue
Besides above hacks, users can also go for a simple solution to Cannot Import messages: "The Import Messages from a Directory" is Light Grey. This can easily import multiple MBOX files into Thunderbird email application. SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard is a proficient solution that can resolve the above-stated error.
This SysTools Thunderbird Importer software is categorized among one of the safest applications to import MBOX files to Thunderbird account and fix issues like Thunderbird import all messages from a directory greyed out. It can execute the whole task without any issue.
Furthermore, it comprises many attractive features i.e., import data in bulk, keep the folder hierarchy, data protection, etc. It is compatible with all versions of Windows OS and can import any sized MBOX file to Thunderbird. Here is how to use this tool:
- Download and install Thunderbird Import Wizard software
- Launch the tool and choose an appropriate option Add File or Add Folder
- After selecting the file, the software will display a list of all MBOX files or folder to import. Click on Next button
- After that, hit Import button to resolve Thunderbird import all messages from a directory greyed out problem
- Now, you can open all the imported MBOX files within your Thunderbird and can get rid of this Thunderbird greyed out folders issue
The import MBOX greyed out issue is not very common, however, it can cause users to be stuck in an unfortunate situation while using Thunderbird. If one is getting Cannot Import messages: "The Import Messages from a Directory" is Light Grey issue then, can opt any of the above-mentioned hacks to fix it. After that users will be able to import MBOX files into Thunderbird and can get their work done easily.