In this article, both manual, as well as some alternate solutions, are described. The most convenient way to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 is by using MBOX to Outlook Converter tool. This software helps the user in converting from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook PST.
There is no doubt in saying that email clients play a vital role in today’s digital arena. In fact, email is the most vital ingredient that is perfect connectivity source. Accessing as well as managing an email application is simple but sometimes it becomes the new level of challenge. Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the famous email-clients used by thousands of users across the world. This email-client has various features like multiple platforms, open source, server address, less cost, etc. Despite these fantastic features, Thunderbird has some constraints.
Thunderbird users need to configure all the additional functionality but it is a very extensive process. So, many users want to switch their Thunderbird configured accounts into Outlook. Microsoft Outlook is a widely used and flexible email-client that offers several robust features such as contacts management, social media connectivity, etc. which forced users to migrate from Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook 2016.
How Do I Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016
There are several methods to import Thunderbird to MS Outlook. You can perform this migration by using both manual and automated solutions. Here, you will learn a few possible solutions.
Solution 1: Import Thunderbird to Outlook through Gmail Account
To import files from Thunderbird to Outlook, you can perform these two-step procedures.
Step 1: Add Your Gmail Account in Mozilla Thunderbird
- First of all, log-in your Gmail account.
- Then, click on Gear icon & open the Gmail settings.
- Now, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> Enable IMAP option.
- Further, configure IMAP account & click on the Save Changes option.
- In this step, run Thunderbird and enter the name, email address, & password of Thunderbird account & click on Continue button to open it.
- Further, click on the IMAP checkbox & enter the all necessary incoming and outgoing information. Then, click on the Re-test button.
- Once you have filled in all the required information correctly, the task will be finished successfully. After that, select the Create a new Account option.
- At last, you can open any email message to verify your Gmail account in Thunderbird.
Step 2: Configure Microsoft Outlook to Your Gmail Account
- First of all, open the File menu & click on the Add Account.
- After that, a dialog box will appear, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types & click Next.
- Then, click on the Internet Email >> Next button to proceed further.
- Enter the name, email address, & password in the dialog box.
- Select IMAP option for IMAP mail account from the Account Type option.
- Now, type imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com for Incoming and outgoing server respectively. Click on the More Settings.
- Next, go to the Outgoing Server and select My Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- After that, click on the Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server option.
- Further, enter 993 port numbers under the Incoming Server Port.
- Now, choose the This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection option.
- After that, enter 587 port number for outgoing server & click on OK button to exit the dialog box.
- To check the account setting click on the Test Account Setting option.
- When you get the message “your account settings are correct”. Then, click on the Next button.
- Finally, you can import Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook 2016 easily.
- This process is time-consuming and hard to understand for non-technical users because of its complexity.
- It is not suitable when you have to migrate Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook in batch.
- This method cannot able to import orphan or deleted emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Solution 2: Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook Using Drag-Drop Method
- To start the procedure, run the Mozilla Thunderbird program.
- Then, open the messages folder that you want to export Thunderbird to outlook 2016.
- You can choose either single or entire message according to your requirement.
- Right-click on the selected messages and choose Save As option.
- Now, choose Select Folder and export the message.
- In this step, run the Microsoft Outlook 2016 program.
- Then, go to the menu & choose New Folder option.
- Provide a name to the folder according to your choice & click on OK button to create the new folder.
- Now, choose the newly created folder & select all the emails that you have exported from Thunderbird.
- Click and drag the emails to the middle pane of Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Finally, all the Thunderbird emails will be imported into Outlook 2016.
- When manually migrate the Thunderbird files to Outlook, then it may be possible to data loss & data corruption.
- The manual method is not able to give the assurance of complete migration and it has less saving option after the conversion.
- It is not able to maintain the data hierarchy after migration of Thunderbird emails in Outlook program.
Solution 3: An Expert Solution Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016
Due to the limitations of the above-discussed methods, many users are looking for a trusted third party solution. So, it is advised to use MBOX to Outlook Converter tool. It allows users to directly export the Thunderbird MBOX files into all versions of Outlook program. This professional software can help to preview the emails with their attachments and move Thunderbird to outlook 2016. It also moves emails from Thunderbird to Outlook file in bulk. It has also an option to save and export MBOX file to PST file as well as EML, MSG, NSF format also. Moreover, this utility is compatible with Windows 10 and all other lower versions.
Here, we have discussed both manual and alternate solutions for Thunderbird to Outlook migration. But, there are some consequences found in the manual procedures. If users do not have any essential data and they are ready to risk some data loss or data corruption then, it is good to choose the free manual strategy. Otherwise, MBOX to Outlook Converter tool is one of the best and relevant solutions to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook in a simple and safe manner.