For several years Office 365 has been the first choice of the users to organize their operations related to businesses. Basically, it allows the companies to access business emails, documents, and collaboration tools from any location.
Moreover, Office 365 is a Software as a Service platform which includes SharePoint, Exchange, Lync and Office Web applications also. Office 365 is integrated with numerous features which makes it a reliable and productive service.
Everything has some advantages and drawbacks. Similarly, Office 365 is an efficient service provided by Microsoft but people also face challenges while working with it. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss the benefits of Office 365 for business, enterprise, and students. Moreover, we will also focus on the challenges faced by the users while working with Office 365.
Key Components of Microsoft Office 365
Before knowing the benefits of Office 365 for business, it is important to know the key components of Office 365 for better understanding.
1. Exchange: It permits the IT administrators to manage and protect their organization’s email communication.
2. SharePoint: It is a web-based collaboration and document management platform. It allows the organizations to set up a centralized, password-protected space for document sharing. One can also use SharePoint to store, share, tag and organize their business files.
3.OneDrive for Business: It is a file hosting service that permits the user to share and access work files from devices like smartphone, tablet or personal computer.
4. Microsoft Office Suite: It is a collection of the business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
5. Skype for Business: It is a tool for a “face to face” collaboration. Earlier, it was known as Lync. Basically, it allows the user to set up and manage encrypted chat, conferencing, screen sharing and calls on the mobile phone or computer system.
Benefits of Microsoft Office 365
1. Boost IT Productivity: It is known by everyone that a lot of time and energy is spent on operational tasks and day-to-day functions in an IT field. Due to which IT staff members do not have much time to develop new and innovative solutions. But with Office 365, it has become easy to improve overall efficiency and productivity of an organization. There are multiple features that are associated with Office 365 which helps the user to perform multiple tasks in minimum time.
2. Augment Security Responsibilities: MS Office 365 maintains the overall data security thus, the users do not have to worry about their data security. Moreover, there are many small as well as large businesses that rely on Office 365 to organize and protect their data.
3. Achieve Scalability: With Office 365, the user is not limited to a single ISP or a single server as it is a cloud-based solution. It also permits the business increased uptime and availability by making files and documents universally accessible. The improvement in accessibility and availability is an important factor for any business.
4. Mobility without Compromise: Mobile devices have become an integral part of our lives both personally and professionally. In an organization, every person uses different devices which can lead to incompatibility issues. As a result of which professional work can be affected. With Office 365, the user does not face any issues as it can be accessed from any device and on any platform. The user can use Office 365 on devices like mobile phone, tablet, desktop etc. The platforms on which it can be used are Android, iOs, Windows. Thus, the users can work easily with Office 365 irrespective of the device and platform they are using.
5. Automatically Keeps Software Updated: The users do not have to check for the new Office 365 updates as all the software updates are automatically controlled by it. This makes the work of internal IT staff easy as they do not have to organize and administrate software rollups.
Challenges With Office 365
a) No Native Recovery and Backup: Office 365 do not provide any true backup and recovery system. Therefore, to eliminate this problem it is recommended to use an automated and smart approach that is the Office365Export utility to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST file format.
b) Migration Issue: When a user needs to move from one Office 365 account to another then Office 365 does not provide any solution for it. Thus, the user can opt for a reliable and efficient utility i.e. Office 365 to Office 365 Migrator to resolve the migration issues.
Office 365 is an effective and reliable Software as a Service solution that offers a comprehensive set of applications and services to the users. It is preferred by most of its users for communication and management tasks. There are numerous benefits of Office 365 Exchange Online which makes it the first choice of the users. However, the users also face some challenges while working with Office 365. The users can easily overcome all the challenges by using alternative and smart solutions.
Have a question about something in this article? You can receive help directly from the article author. Sign up for a free trial to get started.