Export Calendar to PST From Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 to Move Specific Appointment and meeting details with Date Range Command to extract details only from Live Exchange Environment. Also, Export Exchange Calendar to PST using Powershell Command and Exchange Admin Center.
Calendar Section in Exchange Environment
MS Exchange Server helps to manage and store data items such as emails, contacts, calendars, and more with the Outlook Application. Moreover, the Calendar plays a significant role and used to schedule an upcoming day for meetings and events and sometimes Exchange users need to need to move all Calendar entries from the mailbox into a separate PST File so that they can be reimported again.
The Exchange Environment also offers Administrators the ability to save information into a PST File as a Backup or to share the file. For this Migration process, either a Manual approach ( Powershell Command and EAC) or Automated solution (SysTools Exchange Exporter) can be used.
Method 1: PowerShell Command Export Exchange Calendar to PST File Format
With a Powershell command, you can export only the Calendar items and Save in an Outlook PST File format in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 and below versions.
Users can export whole Exchange Mailboxes or specific folders from an Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST file as per their needs.
- Also, execute the shell commands with the filter to export only Calendar items to a PST File. To export calendar information of a particular Date Range, use a PowerShell command such as:
Note: Introduce from which date you wish to move calendar details with the StartDate parameter and specify till Date with the EndDate Parameter.
Method 2: Export Exchange Calendar to Outlook PST Format Using Exchange Admin Center
While using Exchange Admin Center, Complete exchange mailbox data move to PST File format including Calendar file details. First, we go through the following instructions to perform the migration process.
- First, you have to log in to the Server as Administrator
- Now, open a Command Prompt and run the following command:
- Then, a specific link will be presented next to an internal Link. It will be used to convert Exchange mailbox messages to PST file format.
- Next, open Internet Explorer and enter the URL to begin the Exchange Admin Centre (EAC) login service.
- Create Shared Folder for Accessing PST File
- First of all, create a shared folder on the network drive. It can be possible where the exported data have been stored. Make sure that it is not created in C:/ folder. This will help to convert an Exchange mailbox to PST format.
- Now, you can assign full access control to the Exchange Trusted Subsystem (ETS) for a shared folder. Assign complete authority at the Share and Security level to ETS.
Grant Appropriate Access Rights to User to Start Export Process
By default, users do not have permission to access the Export Wizard. To allow access, you need to add the Export section from Permission Tab. For that, you can follow the steps:
- Go to the Exchange Admin Centre and then, choose Permissions tab.
- From the Admin Roles section, click on Recipient Management.
- From the right-hand side, choose "Add" role option
- Now, select "Mailbox Import Export" option from Select a Role screen.
- Click on Add button and press OK button
- At last, click the ‘+' button to add all mailboxes to the export process
- Now you need to add this permission to Exchange User to use the Export Wizard to Export Calendar details of user mailboxes to PST File format.
- Now Again Login To Exchange Admin Panel to view the New Setting after changes.
- Now Run Command to View Import Export Wizard in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010.
- Command Syntax: NewMangement RoleAssignment – Role " Mailbox Import Export" – User XXXX
- Now Again Refresh the Settings ( ... ) to view the Export Option.
- Now You can Browse the Exchange User Mailboxes Calendar items and including other data into PST File.
- Now Provide the File path of Folder, where you want to save the resulted PST File in Folder.
- Now, wait, all the mailbox items such as emails, contacts, including Calendar files export to PST File format.
Challenges Faced While Implementing Manual Approaches
- Export Complete Data: When using the EAC approach, all mailbox items including Calendar file details are exported, but to save Calendar details only to PST File format, Powershell commands are needed.
- Unexpected Failures: While exporting calendar from Exchange to PST file, few errors such as New MailboxExportRequest Access to Path is Denied, Bad items Limit errors can also come across.
Alternative Solution Export Exchange Calendar to PST Without Powershell
Download SysTools Exchange Export Tool, An Automated solution to Export Live Exchange Mailboxes Details such as emails, contacts, Calendar, Notes and Journal Files to PST file. Move Exchange 2016 / 13 / 10 Calendar Details separately with Date filter option. Also, maintains all Folder Structures and meta details of Calendar Section, Download the utility using the below button:
- Open & Launch Automated Solution
- Provide Credentials to Access Live Exchange Environment
- Select Calendar Section to Export into PST File Format.
- Select Date Filter to move only the Data-Range Details in the Calendar section.
- View Progress Report of moving Exchange mailbox items into PST File format.
With the Powershell command, Exchange users not only Export Exchange Address Book to Outlook but also export the Calendar items to Outlook File format from Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 and other versions. The Exchange database of an Organization saves crucial data that may be needed for backup and storage purposes. Thus, the Exchange Administrator can safely secure information by converting it into PST File format using either EAC or Powershell Commands that have been mentioned above.