So, you protected your Adobe file with a password to keep safe it from prying eyes but then forgot the PDF password? You do not need to worry, because this is a very common problem asked these days. Luckily, there is a solution to get around it.
PDF is the widely used file format used for sending or receiving the data on the internet. Generally, it contains important and crucial information. So, people want to restrict an unauthorized person from misusing the PDF file. For this, they secure it with a strong password security. But, it might be possible that they have forgotten the PDF security password due to bad memory or some other unpredictable reasons. Hence, they search for the solution which can easily remove security password. Thus, to answer such queries we discuss a simple solution. So let’s get started.
If you are not able to open your PDF file, then first you should check your PDF file. Because, it may be infected with any virus, malware, etc. If yes, then you should install any trustworthy antivirus software in your system. However, if you can't remember the PDF password and want to open the document, then, frankly speaking, it is quite an impossible task. But, we have some suggestions for you which will surely help you.
If you have forgotten your PDF password and it is important to open that PDF document, then, you should try to remember the password. Although it seems ridiculous sometimes, it works. So, before jumping into any other high techniques, try your best to remember what you may have set as the password of the PDF file.
It is possible to guess the PDF password. Because, generally passwords are totally inspired by the name of any people, place, things, etc. in personal and professional lives of users. Therefore, you can try these different choices when you forgot PDF security password :
1. Your name and your birth date
2. Name of any close friend or family member or her/his birthday
3. A frequently dialled mobile number
4. Address of your home or office address
5. Something about your childhood
6. Name of pet animal
7. A favourite food or place
8. A combination of any of the above
There are various ways to remove the security password from an Adobe PDF file. But, to remove a password permanently, it is required to remember the security password of that PDF file. As we know, it becomes a very unpleasant situation when a person does not remember a PDF password. So, make sure you have unsecured the PDF file before facing this type of problem. One simple solution to unlock the document is discussed below:
In order to remove security password from Adobe PDF completely, it is highly recommended to try a third-party professional solution like SysTools PDF Unlock Tool. This tool has not only the intuitive interface but also has powerful password detection algorithms that make the entire performance of the tool extremely simple and removes the password from a PDF file within a few seconds.
By using this PDF Restriction Remover Tool a user is able to print, copy, edit, and extract text from PDF document without any difficulty. This software also removes security from the documents even if the user has forgotten PDF password (owner-level). The best thing about this utility is that there is no need to install Adobe Acrobat for removing the password from PDF file. Moreover, it also removes both the owner and known user passwords from the password protected PDF files without damaging original data.
Note: The above software can remove owner level password from PDF files even if it is not known to the user. But, if the users want to remove the password by Acrobat Pro Dc or by Google Chrome, it is necessary that user should know the password. Once the user has entered the password the file becomes password free. Therefore, to know about this process completely, read the next section.
Below steps are given to remove permission password :
1. First of all, download, install and run the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application on your system.
2. After that, open the password protected PDF document from which you need to remove the password.
3. Then, go to the Secured Padlock icon and select the Show security setting for this document option.
4. Now, there are four different options in front of you. From here, you should select No Security option if you want to permanently remove the password
5. Now, you will be asked to enter the password of the PDF document. Also, save the document anywhere.
6. Finally, the password has been removed from your PDF file.
7. Now, you can access this document anytime even if in case you have forgotten PDF password.
1. Open your PDF using the browser and enter the password to open the PDF file.
2. Now, click on the "Print” button from the PDF toolbar.
3. Then, click on the "Change” button under the Destination section.
4. After that, click on the checkbox next to "Save as PDF” option >> click on the "Save” button.
5. You will be immediately prompted to enter the name of file and location to save the duplicate PDF file in your machine.
6. Then, your duplicate PDF file will be saved in the specified location that contains all the information in the same format as the original one.
7. Now, you can open your document even if you have forgotten PDF security password.
Many people asked a query “how to open PDF file if I forgot PDF password”. In order to avoid this situation, it is a good idea to remove the security password from Adobe PDF file earlier. After reading this blog, you definitely get the sufficient knowledge to handle the situation when you don’t remember or forgot PDF security password.
Have a question about something in this article? You can receive help directly from the article author. Sign up for a free trial to get started.