The purpose of this guide is to provide information to successfully add specific IIS 7.0 role services for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to function properly when installed on Windows 2008.
Information Technology personnel responsible for support of the SEP environment, or Server Administrator personnel responsible for the support of IIS.
It is assumed that the personnel implementing the steps in this guide have basic knowledge of administering the Windows Server 2008 operating system.
1. An administrator privileged account must be used.
SEPM – Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
IIS – Internet Information Server
CGI – Common Gateway Interface
ASP – Active Server Page
I was unable to locate other sources that provided the same information contained herein. Other sources make mention to the IIS role services required, but do not provide the steps to install them.
1. Logon to the SEPM server with an administrator privileged account.
2. Click Start
3. Type appwiz.cpl
into the Open
field and click OK
4. Click Turn Windows features on or off
. Click Continue
5. Click Roles
under the Server Manager
6. Scroll through the roles on the right until you reach the Web Server (IIS)
7. Under Role Services
confirm the following services are installed:
c. IIS 6 Management Compatibility
8. If any are missing click Add Role Services
on the right.
a. If all are installed no action is necessary.
9. Place a check in the service(s) that are missing and click Next
10. Confirm correct services are being added and click Install
11. Click Close
12. Close the Server Manager window. Task is complete.
At this point you can logoff from the server if you choose. A service restart or server reboot is not required.