Browse All Articles
> Symantec Endpoint Protection: SEP Manager Prerequisites - MS SQL 2008 Client Tools
The purpose of this guide is to provide information to successfully install the MS SQL client tools for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to function properly when installed on Windows 2008.
Information Technology personnel responsible for support of the SEP environment, or Server Administrator personnel responsible for the support of MS SQL.
It is assumed that the personnel implementing the steps in this guide have basic knowledge of administering the Windows Server 2008 operating system.
1. An administrator privileged account must be used.
SEPM – Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
MS SQL - Microsoft Structured Query Language
I was unable to locate other sources that provided the same information contained herein. Other sources make mention to the MS SQL client tools required, but do not provide the steps to install them.
1. Logon to the SEPM server with an administrator privileged account.
2. Browse to X:\SQL2008EE\SQLFULL_ENU
. Where X: represents the drive the media is on.
3. Run Setup.EXE
. Click Continue
4. Click Installation
from the left hand menu.
5. Click New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation
6. Confirm that the Setup Support Rules
7. Click OK
8. Confirm the Product Key
is correct and click Next
9. Accept the license terms and click Next
10. Click Install
11. Confirm that the Setup Support Rules
12. Click Next
13. Check the Client Tools Connectivity
feature under Shared Features
15. Click Next
a. Please wait will be displayed for a few moments.
16. Confirm that the Disk Usage Summary
passed and click Next
17. This is an optional step. Confirm both checkboxes are not checked for sending data to Microsoft and click Next
18. Confirm that the Installation Rules
19. Click Next
20. Confirm the Summary
is correct and click Install
a. A progress bar will be displayed while the install runs.
21. Confirm installation was successful and click Next
22. Click Close
23. Close the SQL Server Installation Center
window. Task is complete.
At this point you can logoff from the server if you choose. A service restart or server reboot is not required.