To Share a folder in outlook open outlook select that folder which you want to share. Do a right click on that folder and go to property than select Permission tab and then click on add
Add that user which you want to share
Assign required permissions to the user as outlook offers lots of permission level for a folder to share it with another users like
To know More about Permission level click here
Note:- If you are sharing any sub folder under Inbox or any other sub folder or custom folder created by users than you also have to give show permission (this is because Outlook folder sharing works on inherit permissions) to that user For example if you have a sub folder by name Important-Mails under Inbox than you have to add that user on the following properties with specific permission
1. Go to Mailbox Properties->Select Permissions Tab->Add that user here-> Permission level ->None and mark on Folder visible
2. Go to Inbox Properties->Select Permissions Tab->Add that user here-> Permission level ->None and mark on Folder visible
3. Go to Important-Mails Folder Properties->Select Permissions Tab->Add that user here-> Permission level ->Reviewer and mark on Folder visible
Now your folder is shared and you can add it another outlook to Add it you have to do following steps:-
1. Go to account setting
2. Select that mailbox to whom you want to share and Click on More settings
3. Under Advanced tab click on Add
4. Type mailbox name and click ok
Now that mailbox will be added in your outlook and you will be able to view that shared folder.
Note:- This article works for Exchange Users and tested as well.
MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTP (Messaging Exchange 2010)