Splunk certification training includes both Admin and Developer responsibilities of a Splunk Expert. It helps you master Configuration, Clustering, Search, Alerts and Dashboards Creation while working on real-life use-cases.
Splunk Basics, Licensing and Configuration Files :
Managing Users, Indexes, Splunk Admin Roles and Clustering :
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will understand the basic concepts of Splunk, Splunk licensing, Configuration files and How to install and configure Splunk search heads, indexer and forwarders.
- Topics - Introduction to the course, What is Splunk? Prerequisites, Setting up Splunk search head, indexer, Setting up Splunk forwarder, Splunk Licensing, Configuration files on Linux, Configuration files on Windows, Difference between Linux and Windows OS in Splunk configuration. Types of files supported in Splunk: Common Splunk configuration files, Configuring inputs.conf and outputs.conf, Configuring props.conf, Configuring index.conf, Configuring savedsearches.conf
Splunk Search Commands and Reporting Commands :
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about creating and managing users, clustering and indexes. Also you will learn about the admin role in managing Splunk and coordinating with Splunk support.
- Topics - User creation and management, Managing indexes, Importance of roles, Different permissions of each indexes, Splunk development concepts, Roles and responsibilities of Splunk Developer, How to configure LDAP authentication in Splunk. Admin role in managing Splunk, What is alert? Reports and dashboards, Coordinating with Splunk Support, Implement Search Head Clustering, Implement Indexer Clustering
Deployment Process, Alerts, Tags and Event Types :
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn basic and advanced Splunk queries and use different keywords to search and filter indexed data based on any individual team requirement.
- Topics - Different keywords, Splunk Basic search queries and using various commands to perform searches: fields, table, rename, rex&erex, multikv. Usage of following commands and their functions: Top, Rare, Stats, Addcoltotals, Addtotals. Explore the available visualizations, Creation of charts and timecharts, Omit null values and format results.
Analyzing & Calculating Results, Fields Extraction and Lookups :
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn how to deploy apps? Creating tags and using them in a search, Defining event types and their usefulness, creating and using event types in a search, creating and modifying alerts.
- Topics - Deploy Apps using Deployment server, creating tags and using them in search. Defining event types and their usefulness, Creating and using event types in search, creating and modifying alerts and use of Alerts.
Splunk Visualizations, Reports and Dashboards :
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn about overview of creating and defining lookups, fields extraction , Omit null values and format results , using eval command etc.
- Topics - Using eval command, Perform calculations, Value Conversion, Round values, Format values, Conditional statements, Filtering calculated results, Raw Data Manipulation, Extraction of Fields, What are lookups? Lookup file example, Creating a lookup table, Defining a lookup, Configuring an automatic lookup, Using the lookup in searches and reports
- Learning Objectives - In this module, you will learn to create reports and dashboards along with different visualization
- Topics - Explore the available visualizations, Creating reports and charts, Creating dashboards and adding reports.