Module 1: MPLS Concepts
- MPLS Labels and Label Stack
- MPLS Applications
Module 2: MPLS Label Assignment and Distribution
- Discovering LDP Neighbors
- Label Distribution in Frame-Mode MPLS
- Convergence in Frame-Mode MPLS
- MPLS Label Allocation, Distribution, and Retention Modes
Module 3: Frame-Mode MPLS Implementation on Cisco IOS Platforms
- CEF Switching
- Configuring Frame-Mode MPLS
- Monitoring Frame-Mode MPLS
- Troubleshooting Frame-Mode MPLS
Module 4: MPLS Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technology
- VPN Categorization
- MPLS VPN Architecture
- MPLS VPN Routing Model
- MPLS VPN Packet Forwarding
Module 5: MPLS VPN Implementation
- MPLS VPN Mechanisms
- Configuring VRF Tables
- Configuring an MP-BGP Session Between PE Routers
- Configuring Routing Protocols Between PE and CE Routers
- Monitoring MPLS VPN Operation
- Troubleshooting MPLS VPN
Module 6: Complex MPLS VPNs
- Central Services VPNs
- Managed CE Router Service
- MPLS Managed Services
Module 7: Integrated Internet Access with MPLS VPNs
- VPN Internet Access Topologies
- VPN Internet Access Implementation Methods
- Separating Internet Access from VPN Services
- Internet Access Backbone as a Separate VPN
Module 8: MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Traffic Engineering (TE) Concepts
- MPLS TE Components
- MPLS TE Operations
- Configuring MPLS TE on Cisco IOS Platforms
- Monitoring Basic MPLS TE on Cisco IOS
Lab 1: Configure an IP Routed Network
- Establish the Service Provider IGP Routing Environment.
Lab 2: Enabling MPLS in the Core Environment
- Perform initial configuration of MPLS on routers.
Lab 3: Initial MPLS VPN Setup
- Configure and verify MP-BGP and VRFs tables.
Lab 4: Running EIGRP Between the PE and CE Routers
Lab 5: Running OSPF Between the PE and CE Routers
Lab 6: Running BGP Between the PE and CE Routers
- Turn on a BGP VPN. Configure the primary and backup BGP links.
Lab 7: Configuring Overlapping VPNs
- Enable overlapping VPNs between multiple VPN clients.
Lab 8: Merging Service Providers
- Enable MPLS with a central core device and migrate the MPLS core to IS-IS. Enable route reflectors in the core.
Lab 9: Enabling Common Services VPNs
- Configure a Network Management VPN and establish connectivity between the NMS VRF and other VRFs.
Lab 10: Configuring Central Site Internet Connectivity with an MPLS VPN
- Establish routing connectivity between the customer and Internet routers.
Lab 11: Implementing Basic MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Establish basic MPLS TE in an MPLS VPN network environment.