VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0]
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage is one of our best-selling courses in VMware, and is also part of the requirements for obtaining the VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
It features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing,
configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6, which includes VMware ESXi
6 and VMware vCenter Server 6. This course will give you a solid
understanding of how to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an
organization of any size.
With the update to the vSphere suite of products, the VCP certification has also been updated. This industry-recognized certification validates that you know how to install, administer and troubleshoot vSphere V6 infrastructures, leveraging best practices to provide a scalable and reliable virtualization platform for your company. VCP is the most popular and highly sought-out VMware certification with 1000s of professionals certified around the world. The requirements to achieve VCP, or VCP6-DCV to be exact, include attending and completing this course, or one of several other more advanced courses. In addition to attending the course, new applicants must pass 2 exams:
1- The vSphere 6 Foundations Exam; (Exam Number: 2V0-620)
2- VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization Exam; (Exam Number: 2V0-621)
Register today to gain valuable experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining VMware environments, and advance your career by starting the path to obtain your VCP.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Describe and use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use VMware vRealize Operations Manager to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication and VMware vSphere® Data Protection to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters to improve host scalability
- Use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager to apply patches
- Perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations.
Intended AudienceSystem administrators
NterOne is a global training and consulting company focusing on live online IT training courses, self-paced e-learning, private onsite training, consulting, and software focused on the training industry.