• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Is the "edit comments" pop-up window restricted in size on purpose to discourage careless comments?

Hi,
In my opinion, the 'edit comments' pop-up is too small, especially for comments that include code listings. I wondered if this was done on purpose to encourage care in the initial comment?
Could it be enlarged or could we have an option to disable the popup and use an inline form on the main page instead?
Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this, but interested in what other experts have to say on the subject.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (9)

Expert Comment

Rob Henson2014-12-03 06:48 AMID: 136760
Firefox 31.2.0 I see them.

Author Comment

Simon2014-12-03 09:03 AMID: 136789
@Rob: I just updated to FF 34.0.5/Win7 and still no dots. I also connect from Mac with FF and no dots visible there either

Expert Comment

Rob Henson2014-12-03 09:06 AMID: 136791
As per attached, strange that a function would disappear with a later version.
Screen-Shot2.png

Author Comment

Simon2014-12-03 09:09 AMID: 136794
Ahh, that screenshot is of the 'New Comment' box, rather than the 'Edit Comment' POP-UP box. What i was suggesting was to use an in-line sizeable box to edit comments in rather than a pop-up fixed size box.

Expert Comment

Rob Henson2014-12-03 09:12 AMID: 136796
New screen shot attached, from the Edit Comment dialogue.
Screen-Shot3.png

Author Comment

Simon2014-12-03 09:44 AMID: 136802
Doh, I finally see what you mean! I was looking at the bottom right of the pop-up window rather than the input box. Wow, that makes the whole experience a lot better.

>at the bottom right hand corner of the input box there is the triangle of dots which can be grabbed and dragged to resize the input
:hangs head: Rob, I didn't read your first response carefully enough. Apologies.

I can't see how I missed the obvious visual clue. In a bid to save face, I'll check back on my Mac version when I get home too. Still half-believing that there might be some FF version/page zoom combination that was suppressing the resize indicator.