• Texas,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Let's get things started!

New group here. I'm not entirely sure what kind of traffic or interest this group will generate, but I wanted to give it a try anyways. To SAN or not to SAN...that's not really the question. I just thought it would be fun to write. Before you turn around (metaphorically speaking, or perhaps literally) and leave, what I thought this group could represent is a place to exchange expert information about enterprise storage systems....What a great name "Experts Exchange". Someone should register that! Ok, I'm not done yet.

There will be no judging here. What we should consider "enterprise" should not be limited to the advanced feature sets and construction of a storage system but also in how we interface with it, e.g. ISCSI, FC, SMB, etc. I would like this group to be broadly focused (see what I did there?) on not just the storage solution itself, but it's complete application in the real world. Let's face it, if we're limited to storage alone the opportunities out there are fairly limited. Let's leverage this group to understand the complete picture when it comes to the real world application of storage, e.g. Servers, Networks, Storage...Oh my!

I got a fun one to start the dialogue.

What's your favorite color? No, not really.

What kind of enterprise storage (It doesn't matter how big it is, it's how you use it!) are you using today? This is just an exercise to see what kind of diversity we have in the group.

For me - NetApp, Dell, Synology, Seagate - just to name a few.

Michael Ortega