• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Permission to Shoot commenters who say....

"I agree with Paul, John, Fred & Dave. Do exactly what they said, its what i do"

Adds nothing and when I've had a bad day It really winds me up :D
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (70)

Expert Comment

Nick672015-01-07 12:18 PMID: 140629
It shouldn't.
And if you get the points, it encourages others to be a bit more verbose.
Especially with a question like that, brevity is not a virtue.

If you had known more about the pitfalls and benefits of OneDrive, you should have added that in, too.
The relative suitability of any RA solution is directly related to upload bandwidth and network latency.
I haven't seen any discussion of that yet, so the answer there is far from complete still.

Expert Comment

Jason C. Levine2015-01-07 12:41 PMID: 140646
No, I think your answer revises what essentially was a stub and gives new information that is valuable.

Expert Comment

COBOLdinosaur2015-01-08 09:29 AMID: 140873
@Rich,

If it was my question, I would tend toward giving you at least some of the points.  Anytime you are adding new information, and giving credit to the comment you are building on it is called collaboration.  That is a good thing that we should be promoting, because more valid information is better than less from a quality standpoint and you are causing a higher quality thread to be put into the the DB for subscribers who primarily use search.

Cd&

Expert Comment

Steven Carnahan2015-01-12 08:46 AMID: 141149
If the only comment made is that "I agree with...." then I don't see that as useful. If there is additional information or explanation why they "agree" then I see no problem with it.  Especially if, like in the question that Rich refers to, you are making a recommendation between multiple suggestions and have a valid reason supporting your preference. Often the asker is presented with several solutions to choose from.

Expert Comment

If the only comment made is that "I agree with...." then I don't see that as useful.
So if there is a comment by Joe Expert, who just signed up yesterday and has no rep on EE, and who tells Jane Asker to, "go ahead an do XXXX on your live production server...it will be fine..."  that is then followed up by a comment from thinkpads_user--who does have rep--that says "I agree",  you still don't think that thinkpads_user's comment has value?

Expert Comment

Steven Carnahan2015-01-12 09:17 AMID: 141156
That's almost a trick question.  :)   Having seen many of thinkpads_user's comments I don't think I have ever seen one that simply stated "I agree".  

Even in normal conversation I never accept an answer from someone that simply states "I agree".  I always ask why they agree. I do this even if what they are agreeing to is something I have said.  That tells me if they have thought about alternatives/options first.

An example would be a comment I made in a thread just the other day:  here