• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Blind link vs complete answer

Case: You have the solution to a problem which is contained in a wiki on another site and which runs to several hundred lines of text. You provide the user with a link to this wiki as you feel the answer is complete.

Does this constitute a blind link or a complete answer? Should I really be cutting and pasting large chunks of other peoples work into the answer or providing a link to their work with comment stating this solution will work.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (62)

Expert Comment

Gary2014-12-28 08:11 PMID: 139625
It's a UK thing - some stupid kid's entertainment thing that was funny at the time if only for the fact that looking at it made you think - wtf?!?!
Still waiting for the child abuse claims to start pouring in (if you are in the UK you will know what I mean)

Expert Comment

@Adam

I think it's the equivalent of our Pee Wee's Playhouse   = )

Expert Comment

Adam Farage2014-12-29 06:09 AMID: 139671
@Kaufmed, that makes sense! I never watched pee wee's when i was a kid, mainly the news and other awesome things (like the smurfs)

Expert Comment

Gareth Gudger2014-12-29 06:50 AMID: 139673
Wow, this thread took an interesting turn. :)

While we are on this subject.... no Fraggle Rock Adam?

Expert Comment

Awww, you missed out on great times then.

(Sorry for the hijack!)

Expert Comment

Merete2015-01-20 03:09 PMID: 142159
Here's a perfect example of a blind link and the link nolonger works  I get a 404
and is an accepted answer, accepted answers is what folks search for so this one is really dead.
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Misc/Q_27027548.html