• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Our Mobile App is Here!

View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (59)

Expert Comment

Rob2015-04-17 03:54 PMID: 1728258
@craigbeck - no idea! I don't use it because of that :)  

I agree with you that you should be able to browse the topics that you're interested in, i'm just giving you a workaround you can work with now.  Having said that, you're essentially doing a "saved search" by browsing the topics as you'll want to filter it by unanswered questions and possibly with questions with 0 comments (or even awaiting expert comment).  This is why a saved search is easier in the long run but it means changing the habits of many to do so.

Expert Comment

John2015-04-17 03:56 PMID: 1728259
@John - try doing that for Wireless ;-)  <-- I do. Wireless and cellular both. I do not work by zone, just questions from the top as I find interest or expertise in.

Expert Comment

Craig Beck2015-04-17 04:33 PMID: 1728265
I've not seen many wireless questions in there, John.  IIRC I saw just one today and that took a while to find.

I don't doubt that it's easier for you to find questions to answer, John, being a master of many :-)

Expert Comment

John2015-04-17 04:46 PMID: 1728268
I missed your point - my apologies. I thought you meant working wirelessly (cellular). I missed that you meant finding wireless questions.

I tend not to look by zone. That is why I see it differently.

I don't doubt that it's easier for you to find questions to answer,  <-- Windows operating systems and Outlook are always coming up, so they are easy to find. Then obscure ones (electronics, UPS, QuickBooks, some hardware issues) come up frequently enough that I find them scanning from the top.

I took a look and yes you are correct, finding wireless questions in the wireless zone is not so fast or easy.

Expert Comment

I think everyone is again forgetting that us experts are a small fraction of EE users. This app is geared towards the people looking for answers, either by asking or searching.

Given our needs are different to that of the "normal" member, I think there should be 2 apps, the "general" app and a separate one for Experts. This would eliminate the need for unnecessary content. Even better would be for an API so experts can build their own app. Not that I'm putting my hand up....

Expert Comment

Vitor Montalv√£o2015-04-20 12:11 AMID: 1728534
Personally I come to EE clicking on the links from notification emails. I don't bother to check the contents from my topic areas. Notification are all I need to answer the questions I'm interested on. So, if this can be configured to be the first screen on the mobile App will be great.
For now I'll keep use the web version only.
Cheers