• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

What's the status on deleting group discussions?

Good Morning all you shiny happy badgers out there..

What's the status on our ability to delete group discussions?  I know I can't do it, but will that come, and more importantly for now is there somebody with super-awesome badger powers that can do that for me if I provide them a list?

My immediate reason for asking (so this thread doesn't turn into a Jerry Springer brawl) is that the monthly 'Important ZA issues' and 'Non Important ZA banter are starting to get unwieldly with multiple months out there and the absence of an ability to delete them, and after some contemplation with my fellow Jim's I'd like to rename the two currently titled 'May 2015' to remove the month, so they become permanent threads.

Thanks in advance.
Jimbo
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (26)

Expert Comment

Sina May2015-06-04 07:43 AMID: 1736450
Also, I'd guess the difference between Jim and... Jim is that the discussion Jim D. is editing is in a group he owns.

Expert Comment

Netminder2015-06-04 09:12 AMID: 1736471
Sina,

I can escalate it for Jim's purposes, but it seems like an Admin might be able to help him faster.

If it's a problem for Jim, I can certainly take care of it. Of more importance would be the extension of the permissions to the Mods, though.

Jim D. is editing is in a group he owns.

So it's the group that matters (for this incident), not the discussion itself... which explains why ericpete wasn't able (even with Mod permissions) to delete a discussion he started -- he isn't the group owner.

N

Expert Comment

late to the party, but IE 11 for the record (why I didn't include that right off is beyond me).

But sounds like it's just a permissions thing.

Jim.

Expert Comment

Sina May2015-06-04 11:01 AMID: 1736494
"Of more importance would be the extension of the permissions to the Mods"
I just confirmed in our test environment that Mods do have access to edit and delete discussions in all group access levels. If you're seeing something different, please let me know specifics (user, group, discussion).

Expert Comment

Netminder2015-06-04 11:38 AMID: 1736499
Sina,

I'd swear I'd assigned ericpete Mod permissions to test... but apparently they were only Topic Advisor permissions. Thanks for correcting me.

N

Expert Comment

Sina May2015-06-04 12:52 PMID: 1736506
No problem :)