• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Expert Dashboard

This has come about from the EE API discussion.
As an expert on the site, I find it increasingly difficult to keep track of the questions I'm working on. Currently I've got quite a few saved searches but I'd like to explore the possibility of a dashboard (thanks to Scott Fell for bringing this up) to display this information in a easier to manage format for everyone.
Customise your own or choose from some basic widgets e.g. Questions waiting for a response from me etc.
In addition to this, being able to flag questions that you can no longer assist in, regardless if is waiting for a comment from you or just because you've participated.
Hope that's enough to kick this off.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (11)

Author Comment

Rob2015-07-13 06:05 AMID: 1742958
Hi Shaun,

That's right but it's only part of what I'm describing here. I'd just like to see the same information displayed in a more user friendly way. Imagine a typical matrix type view. All squares containing scrollable lists of questions but with different criteria as well as being sortable by sensible filters such as how long it's been since I've posted for those questions that are waiting for an expert to reply.
Would just like better visibility on the questions I've participated in.  The monitor question list you are referring to also contains questions that are already closed, deleted etc so it wouldn't work for me.

Expert Comment

Qlemo2015-07-13 06:21 AMID: 1742959
And since you cannot use "monitored" in a search, you cannot modify the criteria used to exclude/include a time frame, last post date by you or anyone, etc.

Expert Comment

David L. Hansen2015-07-14 11:20 AMID: 1743088
I'd like to make a suggestion.

I've been very impressed with Mohiomap, a new tagging tool which pulls in the users' Evernote, Dropbox, Box, and/or Google Drive metatdata (user driven of course) then provides a superb tagging interface.  The user can then relate all this data together as they see fit. I was thinking that if EE was able to somehow push an expert's monitored questions (and possibly other information) to one of these sources (say Evernote or Google Drive) then we can filter/save/analyse anyway we want.

Expert Comment

[ fanpages ]2015-08-30 01:26 AMID: 1751978
David L. Hansen:
"I've been very impressed with Mohiomap, a new tagging tool which pulls in the users' Evernote, Dropbox, Box, and/or Google Drive metatdata (user driven of course) then provides a superb tagging interface.  The user can then relate all this data together as they see fit. I was thinking that if EE was able to somehow push an expert's monitored questions (and possibly other information) to one of these sources (say Evernote or Google Drive) then we can filter/save/analyse anyway we want."

I looked at the link you provided when you posted your comment, & I have just returned to the site now.

The content lower down the home page is still incomplete/unfinished, thus:

20150830_0923 - Mohiomap Homepage
Does the product itself give a more professional 'feel'?

PS. I am a casual user of Pearltrees [ http://www.pearltrees.com ] | [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearltrees ].

Author Comment

Rob2015-08-30 05:28 PMID: 1752063
David,

Your suggestion has merit but why would EE push members away from EE to work with EE content?  Does this not highlight a failing in EE's own systems to hand over content management to a 3rd party for a site that's meant to manage it's own content?

I would like to see EE retain its content and work on building more intuitive solutions for its members.  They're part way there with the search facility.  Even clicking on "Answer Question" from the menu or topic landing pages is simply just a link to a predefined search.

EE has the tools in place (and in-house) to do what you've suggested, we need to focus on getting them intuitive enough for everyone to use.  Something for the next PAC meeting?

Rob

Expert Comment

I was thinking that if EE was able to somehow push an expert's monitored questions (and possibly other information) to one of these sources (say Evernote or Google Drive) then we can filter/save/analyse anyway we want.

More or less thought that was what we were working on, but with some additional twists (do remember the PAC stuff is under NDA).

Jim.