If you use Mimecast as a Service and you experienced the extreme delay/down of email processing on 9/21/2015 please reply.
I first noticed it around 11:45 AM EST when my queue on my Exchange server grew for 30 mins. When I looked at my queue I saw that the SMTP connector was building. Then at 11:53 I received a text alert on my phone that they we're aware of an issue with my cluster. I called support around 12:15 (which was prior to me seeing my text) and the tech did state that the U.S. is experiencing the issue and it affecting most U.S. customers. Later I inquired with chat support when I was unable to get the updates from mimecast.com/login and mentioned something about updates were applied to the clusters i was on that were the cause. Never got 100% confirmation on this. I did get validation my by old manger that also uses the service also was experiencing the as did clients of my firm who use Mimecast as a Service. So this looked like it was a huger deal then I thought when it was still an issue @ 5:30 PM EST (6 hrs since my last e-mail processed in my queue).
Finally was able to logon to the portal to check the status issue @ 6:00 PM EST and saw that they finally pin-pointed the issue @ 5:55 EST.
I started to see external email come in and replies back from e-mails that were stuck in the queue. At 8:30 EST i received another text from support stating "Email processing is normal and backlog reduction continues. There has been no e-mail loss. An incident report will be published this week."
I feel they owe us (all the customers) an honest reason what happened and should honor all of us some serious monetary redemption.
There is no way they would be able to fall back on an SLA
If they do not do the right thing a class action suit should then follow.