• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

You have exceeded your auto-sharing limit on Twitter

Is there anything I can do about this other than Turn it Off!

I get a lovely email from EE, see here

email
and states Edit settings, but this does not really make sense, because Twitter is either On or Off (and a few other settings!)

Clearly, this probably only affects me,

1. because few EE users use it!
2. few EE users, have as many Accepted Solutions!

Just get's bloody anoying, maybe I'll just create a rule, to delete it!
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (14)

Author Comment

Thomas - thanks... that will be why then the API, 7 posts via the API is not a lot though!

probably stops constant posting...

Expert Comment

Rob2015-12-06 03:09 PMID: 1864743
I wonder if it's EE's limit that's been reached?  As I said before, that for me it's only one solution and I get the issue.

Maybe someone from the office will care to comment?

Expert Comment

Sina May2015-12-10 06:50 AMID: 1866575
The auto-sharing limit on the Twitter API is 50 posts a day according to our internal documentation. You could always review your sharing settings and see if there are things that might make sense to disable.

Expert Comment

I don't believe I post 50 times through the API.  Certainly not from EE.  I do auto post through hootsuite and paper.li and one or two others, but the max I see through the API is 19 tweets (looking back over to 12/3).  Yet I receive this message at least once a week. The message is always from EE.  On one day that I received this message I tweeted 5 times from hootsuite and paper.li.  So I'm not sure what is going on.  On that day I received a message from EE saying it couldn't post because I had exceeded my API post limit on twitter.???

Expert Comment

Rob2015-12-10 03:49 PMID: 1866794
Hi Sina,

is that limit per month?  It's definitely not per day.  At least not for me.  I don't use twitter other than for these solutions to be posted.  At most I get one or two a day max.

Expert Comment

Bernard S.2015-12-30 10:46 AMID: 1876514
I would suspect that EE has a global limit (eg by hour) and that the "limit message" comes from that, not from user