• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

The new Live help. How to search?

I see the new Live help site.

But how would clients search for an expert?
At the left I see a list of available (or not) experts.

If I search for "Access", "MS Access" or "Database", I see only names I've never met before - and for a reason, as if you look up these experts, they are active in completely different areas.

"While you wait fill out your profile" you say, but how? Mine is filled out but how would clients find me?

/gustav
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (74)

Expert Comment

Sina May2016-01-20 08:22 AMID: 1887643
We actually didn't implement the avatar pop-up in this instance. We're going to try to integrate important profile information in the interface when a member is selected instead. For now, we just have the links to the profile from the name.

Expert Comment

Jan Springer2016-01-20 08:34 AMID: 1887650
I wouldn't mind some assistance (now is really not good, though) to be able to see the profile within live.  Permitted pop-ups work with other websites.  Failing with Chrome, Firefox, and Konqueror.

Expert Comment

Gareth Gudger2016-02-10 05:57 AMID: 1894722
I am curious who the top earner is right now with live. What they have made $$$ wise.

Expert Comment

R. Andrew Koffron2016-02-10 08:25 AMID: 1894740
I made $45.00 :-) but I have to say I found several things awkward with the system.  Not really sure if this is the right place to mention it. but will anyway.  And firstly THANKS, for implementing this E-E, I do like being a part of E-E but getting paid is a big bonus :-)

1) I didn't see the invite for several minutes. (might have been out smoking).
2) When I clicked into the "chat" the timer for the free 5 minutes started going,( however I could not read the original text), so right off the bat, I had to pause it. then there were several moments while the client came back,
and several more moments,
3) I left the system paused while the client either re-typed and re-sent the original text.
4) the chat method of support seems pretty awkward and I neded up giving the client my cell number so we could make reasonable progress.

But again thanks, and I only mean to make constructive criticism.
If you're looking for Recommendations. (I realize these might not be feasible).
1) voice chat (recorded for records for maybe a 90day period. in case of disputes)
2) and screen view, (recorded for records for maybe a 90day period. in case of disputes)
2) a rating system, that the client can rate their interaction, so they're more aware of what other's thought.

all in all I'm glad to have made a few buck while I was sitting around and would have been watching TV.  I did feel like I had to go above and beyond to make sure I was fair to the client, and in the middle of the call somewhere, there was an "oh crap" moment, where the machine took like 3x normal to boot and I'm remote. so I'd think yall as a relay should make some resolution tracking and rating. the buyer beware only goes so far.

Expert Comment

<<2) When I clicked into the "chat" the timer for the free 5 minutes started going,( however I could not read the original text), so right off the bat, I had to pause it. then there were several moments while the client came back,
and several more moments,
3) I left the system paused while the client either re-typed and re-sent the original text.
4) the chat method of support seems pretty awkward and I neded up giving the client my cell number so we could make reasonable progress. >>

Well handled and nice to see you went the extra mile with it.

The voice chat is interesting....screen sharing has been discussed, but not sure if it is in the plan or not.  Ratings are and are coming.

Jim.

Expert Comment

Sina May2016-02-10 09:01 AMID: 1894747
Thanks for the awesome feedback, R. :) The team is definitely looking at what we can do to make the new requests more obvious to consultants, and I think your note about the request details is good to consider as well. Can you tell me what you would like to see to notify you of new requests?

We're also looking at implementing a very basic rating system within our next few releases. Voice chat or screensharing would definitely be a more time consuming project, but I can see it being helpful with the topics predominant on Experts Exchange. We will hopefully have file attachments available on Monday to help ease some of these visual problems in the meantime.

Happy to hear you are enjoying participating and also know about the extra effort you put in to make the client have a good experience. Anything you can tell us, that we can do to help you in that regard, is super helpful.