• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Updated agreements for Live and Gigs

Hi all,

I wanted to share an update that I think many of you will be interested in. Since the launch of our new products, we have been collecting feedback from the community and using that information to help us make decisions on feature enhancements and potential changes to these products moving forward.

Specifically for Gigs and Live, we heard a lot of constructive comments related to the Facilitation and Service agreements clause that prohibited work outside of Experts Exchange for 12 months between a Client and Freelancer. After speaking with our legal team and understanding all potential scenarios, we will be removing that clause to allow all of our Clients and Freelancers the ability to continue collaboration as they see fit. Our hope is that you will continue to use Experts Exchange for this type of work as we have setup these legal agreements and processes (for collection and payment) to help facilitate and protect all parties involved.  

You will see these updated agreements live on the site by March 1st.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and as always, reach out with feedback!

Best,
Experts Exchange Leadership
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

Abhigyan Srivastava2016-02-20 01:22 AMID: 1896597
What about Gigs. Who do I contact for Gigs?

Expert Comment

Brian Matis2016-02-22 11:43 AMID: 1896955
Hi @abhigyan - For Gigs, feel free to reach out to me; I'd love to get your thoughts! Can PM me on site, or email me at brianmatis@experts-exchange.com

I've also got a survey available here that I'd welcome anyone to fill out if they haven't already:
https://experts.wufoo.com/forms/mfq6d2e15xl0cv/

Expert Comment

Abhigyan Srivastava2016-02-22 09:19 PMID: 1897051
Thanks Brian. Will drop a line later today.

Expert Comment

Brian Matis2016-02-23 09:40 AMID: 1897155
Thanks! Looking forward to your feedback :-)

Expert Comment

Hi Katie,
When the new Gigs and Live agreements/contracts are on the site, please post the links for ALL of them here. Thanks, Joe

Expert Comment

For anyone following this thread who is interested in the links, my thanks to Sina May for posting them here:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/discussions/216041/Code-and-Content-Release-February-29-2016.html#c1898486
Regards, Joe