• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Submit your own off-site content as an article!

Hi all,

We know that many of you publish your professional work on your own blogs and websites, and traditionally have not been allowed to publish that content on Experts Exchange for SEO reasons. Well, we have great news for you! With the release of a “no-index” button for our Page Editors to use when publishing your article (it is only visible to them), you are now allowed to submit content from your blog or website on Experts Exchange.

While your work won’t be searchable on the web from Experts Exchange, it will allow you to gain points, visibility, and help others within our community, without the extra effort of having to re-write an article. You can also reference your EE work on your personal blog or website. While we are continuing to investigate the SEO impact further on how we can promote your content that is posted on personal blogs and websites outside of Experts Exchange, we think it’s important you can highlight your work to our community.

An important note: We will only accept an article from outside our community if it is your original work. We will not accept any plagiarized material from outside sources. All references to other content should be sourced appropriately. It must also meet all other article guidelines to be considered for publication. To ensure readers and our Page Editors know your work is your work, please include a link to the original article in the summary section of our article wizard. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy writing!

Cheers,

Jaime
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (14)

Expert Comment

So let's say I have a link to an article that I published at another site. How do I submit that to EE as an "off-site article"?

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-11-14 10:41 AMID: 1949234
When you submit the article, let the Page Editors know by placing a private author comment with a link to the original content.

Expert Comment

Do I submit just the link or all the content, too? If the latter, what's the point?

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-11-14 10:55 AMID: 1949249
Joe,

Copy your original content.
Go here https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/articleWizard.jsp
Paste it in the article wizard.
Provide the original content URL at the bottom of the article.
Submit.

That should suffice.

Expert Comment

> you are now allowed to submit content from your blog or website on Experts Exchange

Was I not allowed to submit this previously?

> “no-index” button

And what's that all about?

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-11-14 11:13 AMID: 1949260
Was I not allowed to submit this previously?
I'll let the OP answer.

And what's that all about?
No index makes sure duplicate content is not indexed in search engines.  For example, if you wrote an article elsewhere, it is most likely indexed by search engines.  Posting that same content on EE would make it duplicate content for search engines.  So, we would de-index (mark no index) that content when you publish it on EE, but it is still available for readers on EE.