• England,
  • United Kingdom

Top Contributors

vSphere Client (C#) R.I.P.

View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (13)

Expert Comment

Carlos Ijalba2016-05-20 01:32 PMID: 1913253
Nice one,

What a "curious" move from the VMware gents!

I'm sure that "Unlucky" Alf could resume it on one phrase:

"Oh! bugger"...

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fast_Show)

Expert Comment

JHMH IT Staff2016-05-27 05:18 AMID: 1914554
I just recently began trying to use the vSphere Web Client, and I am not impressed. Even the VMware support people I have spoken with have admitted they mostly still use the vSphere standalone client.

Author Comment

We all do, most of us use a combination of vSphere Client, Web Client, and PowerCLI to do Administration.

We are told, that the HTML 5 Client, will eventually be as good as vSphere Client, all I can say, is VMware are putting themselves under a lot of pressure to get this correct.

Expert Comment

Dawid Fusek2016-06-08 01:13 AMID: 1916638
hmm, that's is not a good news Andrew, HTML5 client looks and working quite well but still it's a browser based solution and has it's disadvantages. We all also with mates at VMware use vSphere Client as a main VMware vSphere Virtual Enviroment Management tool, it's not a good move from Vmware to discontinue support primary management tool/console without working stable and fast replacement.

One of advantages of VMware Virtual Environment/Platform was just this cool fast, stable, easy vSphere C# Client.

I hope they will speed up work on HTML5 Client as well and don't go where WebClient goes...

Expert Comment

James L Machie Jr2016-11-28 06:15 PMID: 1952377
The whole push from VMware to use the web client reminds me of how Novell did the same thing with their products. They push the web client yet it didn't work right and you still needed the thick client for certain tasks.

Author Comment

very true....it's getting better though....but there has been a last minute about turn -  enable 6.5 to use legacy client...

it was not enabled in the Betas!