• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

How did you find Experts Exchange?

tangled
It can be an interesting story to learn about how someone came to be here at EE.  

How did you find Experts Exchange?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (38)

Expert Comment

Chris Luttrell2016-08-07 12:01 AMID: 1928496
Hey guys, I enjoyed reading all the comments and history here.  Like @lisfolks, I first found EE in searches but way back in the late 90's.  Then I officially signed up so I could answer a question in 2001.  I have not been as steady as some of you, but I have always enjoyed my time spent here, sometimes too much time, and I feel I learn a lot from helping others solve problems I may not come across in my normal work.  And like John pointed out above, it is always good to hear from others that they not only appreciate the help but that they learned something from the advice and support we provided.  It can make you feel good.

P.S. Is there anyway to give WalkaboutTigger one of my T-Shirts, I have a few unclaimed. :-)

Expert Comment

Jaime Lewis2016-08-15 08:54 AMID: 1929978
@Chris

We can certainly do that! I'll send the both of you a message and get the ball rolling :)

-Jaime

Author Comment

Kyle Santos2016-08-15 09:21 AMID: 1929984
Thank you, Jaime.

Expert Comment

First off - I need to earn a t-shirt! I'll need to hit up the Excel and Analytics questions a bit harder.

Second of all - I found EE back in the early 2000's while I was in college as a finance major and wanting to find more efficient ways to use Excel. The community here has been insanely helpful to answer specific questions my professors either didn't have time for, or my fellow students didn't know (and the search engines weren't so helpful back then). After college I've re-joined at various time as a paid customer every time I worked at a new company and now...I've run my own Analytics consulting company! I still use EE for the same types of reasons, the topic areas have simply expanded and I'm also able to contribute more meaningfully now since it's been over a decade.

Author Comment

Kyle Santos2016-10-04 11:03 AMID: 1940774
Welcome back, Elizabeth!

Expert Comment

Thanks glad to be here :)