• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

[Networking] What are your skillsets?

I'm all for developing industry friends who can help/get help from collaborating partners ( the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the individuals):

I'm intermediate to advanced in SQL, Powershell and C#. I have advanced experience in Windows Administration (AD, GPO, RDS, and system architecture).   I also have advanced skills in Windows Sysadmin roles (symbol analysis, registry manipulation, and environment emulation/customization). I also know how to apply business goals to profitability in developing functional Windows and ESXi systems and how they are delivered to customers.  I lack on the hardware side (I can spec, build, and maintain systems but lack on deep expertise of hardware) but am geared towards efficiency on process, procedure, and training.  I also know how to navigate SPLA (but considering it's a nebulous minefield that may not be saying much :) ) .

My goals are to deliver automation and increased function and profitability while reinvesting in existing resources to increase loyalty and efficiency.  I'm very self taught (no college for my career) and love sparks of creativity (the question is never 'can we?' but 'how can we?').  I'm constantly impressed by the input here and love to share as much as I love to learn.

I appreciate groups like this as we can build a network of Experts who can collaborate and help each other grow and profit in both the personal context and business context.  I'd love to be a resource to other Experts and in turn gain resources to help us solve pending business/technology challenges as well as play and grow our common skillsets.

My profile includes a link to LinkedIn and please feel free to add me there as well, with the globalized market and remote technologies you never know when we may be in business together!

Expert Comment

Netminder2016-06-19 11:30 AMID: 1918291
Dustin,

Welcome to Experts Exchange.

The best way to network at EE is to be visible in the Q&A system. This morning, a friend of mine and I were talking about his new supervisor (I've had some interaction with the man), who came to the business with a reasonably impressive resume. Having seen the supervisor at work, and having heard some of the adventures at the business, I can promise you that resumes tend to equal 1040 long forms in terms of quality fiction.

One of the best things about EE is that with very few exceptions, the people who are shown in the Hall of Fame are there because they proved it, every day over a long period of time; there are no short cuts. They have respect for the others who do the same.

Netminder
Senior Admin

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-06-22 02:33 PMID: 1918972
I appreciate groups like this as we can build a network of Experts who can collaborate and help each other grow and profit in both the personal context and business context.  I'd love to be a resource to other Experts and in turn gain resources to help us solve pending business/technology challenges as well as play and grow our common skillsets.
This.  Exactly this. :)