• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Windows Updates

Were there no important Windows Updates in June?  
I show only Definitions for MS Security Essentials.
Running Win 7 SP1 and IE 11.  (Got Updates in May)
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (30)

Expert Comment

If that was the case why would the kb also have the following information

You can configure this Group Policy object by using Group Policy (if the update is installed and if you use the updated WindowsUpdate.admx file by copying the file from where the editing policy is located). You can also do this by going to Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update, double-clicking Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update, and then clicking Enabled.

Policy path Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Update

Policy setting Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update (enabled or disabled)

To suppress this offer through the registry, set the following registry key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
DWORD: DisableOSUpgrade = 1

Author Comment

jcimarron2016-06-22 03:40 PMID: 1918994
Amazingly MS offers a way to defeat the blocking.  But the blocking is there in the first place.

Expert Comment

CaptainCyril2016-06-22 10:43 PMID: 1919054
May the virtual heavens forgive Microsoft for they do not know what they are doing.

Expert Comment

CaptainCyril2016-06-23 05:04 AMID: 1919099
Today I received error 80070103 on Windows 7 while updating it. Of course the error is not mentioned in their help nor in online help. Who else but Google to give you the answer? :)

Author Comment

jcimarron2016-06-23 08:33 AMID: 1919159
CaptainCyril--
I suggest you post a new thread in the Win 7 forum about this problem.

Expert Comment

CaptainCyril2016-06-23 08:35 AMID: 1919161
Google said that the currently installed driver is newer than the one downloaded. :)