• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

SAP ABAP, and SAP HANA topics?

I found this topic.
https://www.experts-exchange.com/topics/sap-sybase/

Can an Asker use this topic to ask SAP ABAP, and SAP HANA questions?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (15)

Expert Comment

Qlemo2016-07-05 12:46 PMID: 1921765
The SAP R3 topic does not exist, which would be for ERP matters, which most people associate with SAP.

Expert Comment

mlmcc2016-07-05 01:24 PMID: 1921771
The topic area used to be SAP.  Some time after Oct 2015 it was changed.

mlmcc

Expert Comment

Qlemo2016-07-05 03:30 PMID: 1921787
Yep, should have said "does no longer exist". The "SAP-Sybase" TA is indeed the "old" SAP TA, and is used that way. Best to rename it back to cover all aspects of SAP correctly, corresponding to the topic description ...

Expert Comment

Netminder2016-07-05 05:38 PMID: 1921806
Qlemo,

Best to rename it back to cover all aspects of SAP correctly, corresponding to the topic description ...

And then we'll have people wondering what happened to the Sybase topic area. Statistically, neither has ever really gotten a ton of traction, but equally important is that Sybase is now a division of SAP. Finally, the fact that you and mlmcc know something doesn't necessarily mean the people who are asking questions know the same things. Indeed, we all know that if they knew those things, they wouldn't have to be asking the question in the first place.

N

Expert Comment

Qlemo2016-07-06 05:44 AMID: 1922211
Still, either we have a single topic area for all SAP matters, and it is called that way, or we have more than one topic. The way it is now is very, very confusing and misused. The "SAP" in "SAP-Sybase" does not matter at all, it is Sybase, and a database topic. SAP HANA is a database and cloud topic. SAP R3 and ABAP could be a combined topic.
On the other hand, does the current "SAP-Sybase" TA get enough traffic and/or are too many questions "misplaced" in more generic or wrong TAs to warrant doing anything?
I can tell for sure you will not get much traffic on SAP R3 or ABAP, but there are questions (I have a lot of them :D).

Expert Comment

Netminder2016-07-06 11:28 AMID: 1922304
*smile*

Let me see if I can tinker with it a bit. I have no objection to calling it SAP if I can feel confident that it will show up for the occasional Sybase question.