• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Adding a solution to "Favorites"?

I realise I can follow a contributor, and I can make a comment in a question thread, which will subscribe me to it.

What I would like to know is whether or not it is possible to "favorite" a closed discussion thread.

Sometimes I run across a solution that is amazingly eloquent, the contributors providing immaculate assistance with the problem, and the comments just reach out and suck you in to reading them all because they are all so well thought out, consistent, and bore right into solving not just the problem, but often the underlying thought process which brought about the question in the first place.

Rather than Ctrl-D them in my browser, I want to be able to go to a page in my profile, or anyone's profile and see my, or their, favorite questions.

Is this already available and I am just missing it?

And yes, I usually do upvote the answers in these threads when I see they directly contributed to the ultimate resolution of the issue.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (18)

Expert Comment

Oops...sorry for the largely duplicate post. Had a browser tab open with the question and nothing else was in there...hit the Submit button and boom!...a dozen posts came streaming in.

Expert Comment

OK, just read through all the posts I missed while I was composing mine. One comment: I'm opposed to making My Personal Knowledgebase public. If you want your entries to be public, put them in Top Contributions, which is already public. Keep MyPKb private/personal. Regards, Joe

Expert Comment

Dustin Saunders2016-08-18 09:42 PMID: 1930748
@Joe Winograd
It happens :P  Especially in coding questions, were I go write and test code then come back 10 minutes later to submit post and I'm the third post!

@John Hurst
Your Tardis bag may be big, but is it bigger on the inside?

@WalkaboutTigger
If you're an O365 subscriber, might I suggest taking advantage of the OneDrive storage as a great place to back up profile data?  Also, if you're a Chrome user, your chrome account will sync all your bookmarks when you log in on new devices.

Expert Comment

John2016-08-19 04:31 AMID: 1930774
Your Tardis bag may be big, but is it bigger on the inside?

It is smaller on the outside than on the inside, I always have room for something more.

Author Comment

Darrell Porter2016-08-19 10:46 AMID: 1930874
Semi-related
@John Hurst
My wife had a backpack like that.
It is smaller on the outside than on the inside, I always have room for something more.

Last week she went to lift it and I heard the sound of rip-stop nylon ripping and a loud, irritated expletive.  As I helped her gather all of the things up when the pack exploded, I repeatedly heard, "I've been wondering where that got off to..." and other, similar comments.

So in addition to replacing her "normal" backpack with something that looks like an Oshkosh LVSR would have difficulties climbing over it, much less lifting it, we bought her one of these.
Elite Voyager Backpack - exploded view
She has a propensity to forget to eat when she's focused on a project.

And yes, this attaches to the BACK of her new pack.

Expert Comment

John2016-08-19 11:03 AMID: 1930883
My bag is smaller than that which is why I like it (still after 18 years) and why repairs have totaled to more than the cost of the bag over time.

Briefcase.