• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Courses: Early Access Invite

Hello Experts!

Interested in seeing what’s upcoming on EE before it’s public?

As was previewed in the August & September 2016 Updates, we’ll soon be introducing our new Courses platform - a way for Experts Exchange members to create, share, learn from, and sell online technology training courses.

The team has been hard at work and there’s still more to do, but we’d really like to let any of you who are interested in making courses get early access to doing so.

So if you’d like early access, please go ahead and respond here to say so, or send me a private message.

Since it’s Beta, there’s still some rough edges, but the features are in place for you to get your first courses ready. We’d also love to get your feedback on the process of creating your courses. Was it easy to set up? Did it make sense? Is it missing features you’d expect? Where there showstopping bugs? We’ll be providing a survey before launch, but feel free to send me a message with your thoughts anytime.

A few notes:
  • Please review the Courses guidelines
  • The payment system is currently live, so as Courses start to be created and published, any transactions will be real.
  • Courses that you start to create are kept in a Draft state and are not shown in the list of courses, except to you.
  • Payouts for courses will be done via PayPal. We do not currently have the PayPal setup integrated with the Course publication process, but will prior to public launch. In the meantime, you can set up your PayPal account authorization by clicking on your member icon in the upper right of the screen and choosing “Earnings” from the menu.
  • Depending on file size and connection speed, the video uploads for your lessons could take a little while. You should see a confirmation message when the upload is complete, but please let us know if you run into issues or speeds aren’t what you’d expect.
  • The sizing of featured images for a course is not ideal and a lot of it gets chopped off when displayed. We're still working on better ways of dealing with that.

Once again, please respond here or private message me to request early access.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Regards,
Brian
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

Matt Minor2016-08-26 11:56 AMID: 1932147
I would love to check it out!

Author Comment

Brian Matis2016-08-26 05:02 PMID: 1932197
Hi Matt - you're in!

Just make sure to logout and back in, and you should be good to go. Feel free to message me if you've got any questions or feedback. Glad to have you on board!

Expert Comment

Mohammed Hamada2016-08-28 07:36 AMID: 1932387
I would like to see that too :)

Author Comment

Brian Matis2016-08-29 05:44 PMID: 1932620
@Mohammad - thanks for the interest! Bit of a delay, but should be able to get you in soon. Will let you know when that's ready for you. Thanks!

Author Comment

Brian Matis2016-08-30 08:53 AMID: 1932772
Ok, you're good to go now, Mohammed. Welcome!

Expert Comment

Mohammed Hamada2016-08-30 01:21 PMID: 1932863
Thank you Brian, I can see it now