Interested in seeing what’s upcoming on EE before it’s public?
As was previewed in the August & September 2016 Updates
, we’ll soon be introducing our new Courses platform - a way for Experts Exchange members to create, share, learn from, and sell online technology training courses.
The team has been hard at work and there’s still more to do, but we’d really like to let any of you who are interested in making courses get early access to doing so.
So if you’d like early access, please go ahead and respond here to say so, or send me a private message.
Since it’s Beta, there’s still some rough edges, but the features are in place for you to get your first courses ready. We’d also love to get your feedback on the process of creating your courses. Was it easy to set up? Did it make sense? Is it missing features you’d expect? Where there showstopping bugs? We’ll be providing a survey before launch, but feel free to send me a message with your thoughts anytime.
A few notes:
Once again, please respond here or private message me to request early access.
- Please review the Courses guidelines
- The payment system is currently live, so as Courses start to be created and published, any transactions will be real.
- Courses that you start to create are kept in a Draft state and are not shown in the list of courses, except to you.
- Payouts for courses will be done via PayPal. We do not currently have the PayPal setup integrated with the Course publication process, but will prior to public launch. In the meantime, you can set up your PayPal account authorization by clicking on your member icon in the upper right of the screen and choosing “Earnings” from the menu.
- Depending on file size and connection speed, the video uploads for your lessons could take a little while. You should see a confirmation message when the upload is complete, but please let us know if you run into issues or speeds aren’t what you’d expect.
- The sizing of featured images for a course is not ideal and a lot of it gets chopped off when displayed. We're still working on better ways of dealing with that.
Looking forward to seeing what you create!