• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Quick Survey - Editing topics

There's been a lot of discussion and hesitation around allowing members to edit topics on a question.  

Now I'd like to collect your quantify your opinion:

It's only 2 multiple choice questions and will give some indication of what the general consensus is regarding its implementation.

Please fill it out when you can.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PHCK2NL
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (19)

Expert Comment

rindi2016-09-24 09:02 AMID: 1938753
Maybe if normal Members could suggest new topics, and then the office or badgers could decide on that.

Changing Topics on closed Questions I think would be a good idea (of course again only by Badgers). That would clean up the database and make searches easier.

Expert Comment

Kyle Abrahams2016-09-24 10:06 AMID: 1938765
I would say go off some kind of confirmation.  Maybe have 2 experts confirm any topic action (add or delete).  Sort of like a motion and a second.

Expert Comment

What exactly is this survey about ?  Edit topics ?
Guess I missed something along the way.

Author Comment

Rob2016-09-24 11:27 AMID: 1938774

Expert Comment

I voted to allow editing on closed questions. My reason is documented here:
https://www.experts-exchange.com/discussions/217945/I-Can-Edit-Everyone-Else's-Topics-In-Every-Question.html?anchor=c1938657#c1938916

But I also voted for one million points, as it is a significant privilege/responsibility that should be in the hands of higher-ranking experts. Regards, Joe

Expert Comment

Nick672016-09-26 03:44 PMID: 1939211
In the discussion noted by @Joe Winograd, I noted that Topic editing of closed questions, unlimited Questions askable, and unlimited account making has the potential to unleash massive mischief.  Edit within the last 48 hrs by Experts with 250K or more.

Cleaning up the PAQ is not something to permit piecemeal, and alteration of points on closed questions should NOT occur.
Way too much conflict/mischeif/malice potential if that's possible by many members.