• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Are "Achievements" deprecated?

What's up with "Achievements"? I have gotten a few notifications that I have received this Achievement or that. When I click on the link, it takes me to my profile. My profile has no reference or link to "Achievements" that I can find. If I search for "Achievements" the search tool asks, "Did you mean: element?"
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (11)

Expert Comment

Jackie Man2016-10-23 07:43 PMID: 1944648
My Achievement notifications do have a link, they just go to the main profile page.

YES and it just link you to the page below and you need to manually click "Certifications" according to my previous comment.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/members/TexorcisT.html

I did not associate Achievements with Certifications.

It is the new layout design and you can only find Achievements under Certifications page.

Expert Comment

Mihai Corbuleac2016-10-24 07:03 AMID: 1944700
I also didn't associated Achievements with Certifications..

Expert Comment

sAMAccountName2016-10-24 07:18 AMID: 1944702
Neither did I.  I was able to stumble into the achievements area only after clicking all the things.  The naming is misleading and I for one would like to see it fixed.  It seems like its a common problem

Author Comment

Austin Texas2016-10-24 07:20 AMID: 1944703
Personally, I think I would more likely associate certifications with the term "Achievements" than achievements with term "Certifications".

Expert Comment

Sina May2016-10-24 09:36 AMID: 1944723
Hi everyone,

One of our teams has a bug report for addressing the on-site notification link. We'll update it to anchor to the correct tab and the achievements section.

As far as the categorization and naming goes, we appreciate the feedback. Naming features is surprisingly hard. On top of that, it can also be confusing if we decide to rename something so it's something we are usually very thoughtful about, but it's always good to see when there is still an issue.

Author Comment

Austin Texas2016-10-24 01:25 PMID: 1944775
Thanks Sina. I totally agree with measuring twice and cutting once on this one.