• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Site minders conflict of interest issues

I've been involved in two abandoned questions of where the site cleanup folks accept their own answers even though my own answers were just as correct .
I find this a conflict of interest and the practice should stop immediately.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (82)

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-11-01 10:21 AMID: 1946619
@Joe
Yep!  Thank you.

Expert Comment

And filed as a bug (at least twice) but here is the original:
https://www.experts-exchange.com/bugs/19470/Feedback-on-Administrative-Practices.html

Expert Comment

Merete2016-11-01 11:19 AMID: 1946647
In the old days when 2 members post the same comment the first usually got the accepted.

Expert Comment

Craig Beck2016-11-01 04:12 PMID: 1946731
This is exactly why there should be trusted experts in each area having their say on who should be awarded points. There's too many people on this site who simply have no clue and expect to be rewarded for providing Googled links.

I've complained before about the quality of answers to some questions and letting experts who are nothing of the sort choose their own contributions only serves to further dilute the accuracy of the solutions and the quality of this community's efforts.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, btw.

Expert Comment

John2016-11-01 04:17 PMID: 1946732
You need to balance that point of view with the fact there is often more than one way to solve a problem. The latter makes it sometimes difficult to assess the best answers.

Expert Comment

Craig Beck2016-11-02 12:30 AMID: 1946788
This is where quality is important, John.

You might be able to fix a broken patch cable by twisting the wires together. It may work but it doesn't make it a right answer. That's my point.