• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

W

Go Cubbies!
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (7)

Expert Comment

speed_542016-11-03 12:40 AMID: 1947017
Wish I was there. The windy city would be going offfffff! And the All Blacks are playing Ireland there this weekend

Expert Comment

Brian B2016-11-03 06:14 AMID: 1947047
By the time I got home I didn't expect the game would still be on. Glad I got to see the end.

So now the Cubs not only handed a world series loss to Cleveland, but also the title of longest active championship drought in MLB. However I believe the longest active drought in American pro sports is now the NFL Arizona Cardinals with something like 67 years since their last championship?

Expert Comment

David L. Hansen2016-11-03 07:45 AMID: 1947067
I almost lost it when Rajai Davis tied the score 6-6 after having a four point lead! I remember as a kid thinking someday I'd see them win the series (just didn't realize then that it would happen when I was a father experiencing it with my boys). Good times!

Expert Comment

Owen Rubin2016-11-03 03:58 PMID: 1947201
I saw the "W" in the email notification subject,  and wondered, could this be from another Cub fan?

That was an AMAZING game 7, I have no fingernails left, and the curse is gone! Way to go Cubs!

And David, I think I woke up my neighbors when Davis tied it up, and screamed louder when  he drove on a run late in the game.

As someone pointed out, the last time the Cubs won the series:
* refrigeration was accomplished using ice
* the Ottoman Empire controlled much of the Middle East
* the teams took a bus to games

Expert Comment

ModeIT2016-11-03 04:36 PMID: 1947210
>>>However I believe the longest active drought in American pro sports is now the NFL Arizona Cardinals with something like 67 years since their last championship?<<<

Ever Hear of the Vikings?

Expert Comment

Brian B2016-11-04 06:06 AMID: 1947282
Ya, I understand that some teams have *never* won.

Here is a source by the way (and an interview with Bill Murray):
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/longest-active-championship-droughts-sports-cubs-snap-skid/

They do mention the Vikings in this one:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/youre-up-cardinals-examining-nfls-longest-droughts-after-cubs-big-win-181956827.html