• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Voting on New Topics

I know there are many of you that care about getting new topics on Experts Exchange and so I wanted to encourage you all to check out the newly released topic voting system. There's already several proposals and content that's been tagged with proposed topics.

Be sure to click on each topic to learn more about them if you'd like to have a better idea of the potential new and existing content, which should help inform your decision about the value of each.

You can also read more about the system here:
http://support.experts-exchange.com/customer/portal/articles/2624519

So let your voice be heard and help shape the future of Experts Exchange!

View and vote now!

Regards,
Brian
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (37)

Expert Comment

mlmcc2016-11-11 03:45 AMID: 1948716
How long will a proposed topic stay on the list?

Have you considered limiting the time?
Topics will get proposed and as the users fin  out about the option more will be proposed.

If a topic is on the list for 30 days with a low vote total and low usage count should it be deleted from the list.

Expert Comment

rindi2016-11-11 04:07 AMID: 1948718
I think that's a good idea. Another thing, besides just voting, you should be able to give a reason why you voted the way you did, or point out a better name for the proposed TA. For example, there are some proposed TA's that just propose a company name, rather than a specific product type. I don't see why there should be a TA "Samsung". Samsung is nothing but a Company and shouldn't have it's own TA. They make a wide range of products, from displays to Smart phones. So it would be better to have a Smart phone TA, and if really necessary a sub TA there for Samsung Smart-Phones (although probably Android Smart-Phones would be the better option). Or a Display TA, and there possibly a sub TA for Samsung Displays etc. But not just a company name.

Expert Comment

mlmcc2016-11-11 06:30 AMID: 1948729
Do you track who voted?

Can I vote on a topic multiple times?

If you are tracking perhaps you could add a filter so I only see topics I haven't voted on.

For topics where I don't know if it appropriate because I don't know what the topic is could you add a N/A as a voting option.
In that way if you add the filter to see only topics I haven't expressed my opinion on, the list of topics would be much shorter.

mlmcc

Expert Comment

Vitor Montalv√£o2016-11-11 06:35 AMID: 1948730
Do you track who voted?
Yes. You can see by the background color the options were you voted.

Can I vote on a topic multiple times?
No. If you click again on the same vote it will remove it.

If you are tracking perhaps you could add a filter so I only see topics I haven't voted on.
That's a good idea but then how you do if you want to change a previous vote?

For topics where I don't know if it appropriate because I don't know what the topic is could you add a N/A as a voting option.
 In that way if you add the filter to see only topics I haven't expressed my opinion on, the list of topics would be much shorter.
Do you prefer to click on all options? I only voted on the very few one that interested me.

Expert Comment

Qlemo2016-11-11 06:35 AMID: 1948731
+1 for n/a and filter option.

Expert Comment

mlmcc2016-11-11 11:22 AMID: 1948800
Vitor -
   Filter would be used to reduce the list to suggestions I hadn't voted on thus reducing the time it takes to page through the list.

Filter could be a toggle on/off (show ones not voted on or show all)
Another option would be show All/Voted Yes/Voted No/Voted N-A

In my first pass through the list I only voted on the ones where I had an opinion.

+1 on rindi's idea of adding comments.

mlmcc