• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

No more "Poinks" EE Community Expert discussion

To anyone that was ever a Lounge Lizard,

The time has finally come to remove the content from the old Lounge PAQ, which was migrated to a group discussion in 2014.

As a consequence of this process any Lounge certifications and poinks earned will be removed from your profile.  We understand it's an unfortunate circumstance, however the site is committed to a gamified reward structure based on technical expertise.

The Lounge discussion group will now become a private group with compfixer101 as the owner.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (53)

Expert Comment

My original discussions are still in here.

Expert Comment

Not this one, that one.
It's confusing opening two similarly named threads in two different places.

Expert Comment

Lounge Fox2016-11-18 08:57 PMID: 1950757
Eenookami,
I was able to generate my certs, but not print them from tablet.  I will try from laptop.

Expert Comment

BillDL2016-11-18 10:45 PMID: 1950760
Cleo, it's hardly worth it.  A 10 year old could create one of the latest certificates using Microsoft Paint or the drawing tools in Word.  Here's four iterations of the certificates going back to 2006 for comparison.  The certificate used to be one that looked like a certificate and was worth keeping and printing, but now it is just reflects a sad and faded memory of how good this site used to be.

2006_to_2016.jpg

Expert Comment

Lounge Fox2016-11-18 11:25 PMID: 1950763
I see.

Expert Comment

☠ MASQ ☠2016-11-19 12:49 AMID: 1950765
Thanks Craig, finally, can I ask; were all the Lounge Questions migrated to Discussions, so that everything pre the 2014 migration will still be available when the Question threads containing Poinks are deleted?  I know this seems to be repetitious but just so there's an explict assurance that actually nothing material will be lost from the site's content.