• Created2015-03-16
  • AccessOpen
  • TypeCommunity

Top Contributors

21 November 2016 Release Notes

Hi everyone,

Here is what we expect to release on Monday, 21 November, 2016.

Community
  • Updated comment added, article, and neglected email sender and subject lines. Examples:
  • TYPE: Neglected Question Expert Alert SENDER: Neglected Question on Experts Exchange SUBJECT: Help Answer: How do I XYZ? FROM: noreply@experts-exchange.com
  • TYPE: Neglected Question Author – 3hr SENDER: Your Question on Experts Exchange SUBJECT: Helpful Hints: How do I XYZ? FROM: noreply@experts-exchange.com
  • TYPE: Comment Added - Author FROM: Your Question on Experts Exchange SUBJECT: Expert Comment: How do I XYZ? FROM: noreply@experts-exchange.com
  • TYPE: Comment Added - Non-Author SENDER: Question Comment on Experts Exchange SUBJECT: Expert Comment: How do I XYZ? FROM: noreply@experts-exchange.com
  • TYPE: Article Accepted - to Author SENDER: Your Article on Experts Exchange SUBJECT: Article Accepted: How to XYZ in Five Steps FROM: noreply@experts-exchange.com
    • Updated styling of the settings page.
    • Updated the Video tutorial page layout making it two columns, matching questions and articles.
    • Removed the Video tutorial paywall.
    • Topic editing on videos now allows up to 10 topics.
    • Profile page now uses new topic selector for choosing skills.
    • Updated display of topic editing interface on content.
    • Added a scrollbar to the topic selector dropdown.
    • Topics that were removed more than 6 months ago can now be re-proposed.
    • Added a field label and clear option to the text search filter on the proposed topics page.
    • Increased the amount of rows appearing on the proposed topics page from 10 to 25 at a time.
    • Added a filter option to the proposed topics page to show only topics you haven’t already voted on.
    • Added a topic tag to the search results dropdown.
    • Ad placed on logged out answers page.
    • Lounge group converted to a private group. Previously migrated question content removed.

Gigs
    • Added support for proposed topics to the Gigs topic selector.

Bugs
    • Fixed an issue where some volunteer groups did not have a link to “Member Lookup” in the administrative controls.
    • Fixed an issue where the “Contact Us” link was leading to the 404 page.
    • Fixed an issue where a user could not vote on a topic they had just proposed, until after a page refresh.
    • Fixed an issue where the content count number and icon on the proposed topics page would not display correctly in IE.
    • Fixed an issue where the sort dropdown on the proposed topics page would not display correctly in IE if the sort order was changed.
    • Fixed an issue where proposed topics were appearing in the question closed emails.
    • Fixed an issue where content titles would not display correctly in emails, e.g., " appearing as "

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    The Experts Exchange Team
    View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (7)

Expert Comment

>>Topics that were removed more than 6 months ago can now be re-proposed.

Where is the option for re-proposed topics to be re-removed?

Sure, I know that proposed topics can be voted down but there is typically a very good reason they were removed in the first place and that they should never be resurrected.

>>Lounge group converted to a private group. Previously migrated question content removed.

Might want to also mention all previous certifications will also be removed from people's profiles.  Unless, I misunderstood the change.

Expert Comment

Rob Jurd2016-11-18 07:23 PMID: 1950751
    typically a very good reason they were removed in the first place and that they should never be resurrected
    potentially to really the first time and wanted to give it the chance to come back if the community needed it. No rules, just leaves the door open

Expert Comment

Modalot2016-11-19 03:05 AMID: 1950778
    Is the missing space in "Helpful Hints:How do I XYZ?" a typo?

Expert Comment

Sina May2016-11-19 05:26 AMID: 1950790
    @Modalot, It will have a space, if that is what you are referring to.

Author Comment

Brian Matis2016-11-21 10:25 AMID: 1951123
    Today's release is now live.

Expert Comment

Yep. Group discussion comme...
    I have two of them.