• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

New Feature

I seem to recall a request for new features that we may like to see, but I can't seem to find the tread.  So here is a new one;

I would like to see a "Nominate for extra credit" button.  A button for extra points when someone really puts in a lot of time and effort on a complicated problem.  Have the moderators only approve these special cases.  Make it worth it, like 10k points.  This would have a great impact on having experts come back to questions that are taking time, and more experts would weigh in on the difficult ones.

My ยข2

p.s. for those experts that have more then a billion points, what would reward would you seek?  The special case club?  Different type of points?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

ModeIT2016-12-14 08:18 AMID: 1955842
Neglected questions already add more points.

MIT

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2016-12-14 08:24 AMID: 1955843
Hi loftyworm,

Feature requests go to the Feedback area.  Submit a report.

Screenshot_2.png

Expert Comment

Dave Baldwin2016-12-14 08:55 AMID: 1955852
Most of the top experts don't care what you do for 'rewards'.  They just do what they want to do and ignore the rest.  Mostly because they think that nobody is listening anyway.

Expert Comment

Kent Olsen2016-12-15 07:33 AMID: 1956136
The points are the glue that holds this site together, but they aren't the end-all, be-all.  Bonus points for putting in extra effort just doesn't seem right though.  How many different topic areas have questions that even require that kind of extra effort?  In all my years here, I've never come across a question that required more than just a couple of minutes research for anybody that was knowledgeable in the topic area.

Expert Comment

Even with half-a-billion points, I like the idea of "extra credit"!

It could be as simple as a gold star added to your profile... where eventually you could have rows and rows of gold stars... but that would help those who do go the extra mile to stand out, even if they only have half-a-million points.

Great idea!

Expert Comment

Geert G2016-12-15 11:14 PMID: 1956375
can those "extra points" be exchanged for value on my paypal account ?
1 dollar per point would be nice :)